Sign in to follow this  
charlielima

NE 712 Saniflush Load Question

I, as well as many others have Fast Cargos excellent saniflush bomb.

I thought I had strong AI skills untill I viewed the rest of the load.

Can anybody identify and tell me what ordinance and where to get the rest of the load?

BTW Gary flew 2nd crewmen with me in HS-12. Good on him for digging up this vid.

http://www.midwaysailor.com/midwayva25bomb/va25toiletbomb2.wmv

:drinks: CL

Edited by charlielima

they almost look like the WW2 500 pounders; too fat for Mk82s (well, to my eyes)

wrench

kevin stein

750 pounders ?:blink:

Houdoe,

Derk

You're looking at 'Spads being loaded on The Midway.(early Vietnam)

They were probably still getting rid of the old WW2/Korea ordinance.

The bombs almost look like the old 1000 and 500 pounders.

LDGP's were new about that time.

Firehawk could set us straight on that issue.

Perhaps:

TypeName=500lb_bomb

FullName=AN-M64 500-lb Bomb

ModelName=AN-M64

Mass=226.800003

Diameter=0.510000

Length=1.750000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.200000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.770000

AttachmentType=NATO,USAF,USN,ISRAEL

SpecificStationCode=

NationName=USAF

StartYear=1942

EndYear=1964

?

Doesn't the AN- group of bombs have the "box" around the fins?

I'm thinking maybe an SUU body. A 500 lb or less version of the M-117?

:blink: CL

I, as well as many others have Fast Cargos excellent saniflush bomb.

I thought I had strong AI skills untill I viewed the rest of the load.

Can anybody identify and tell me what ordinance and where to get the rest of the load?

BTW Gary flew 2nd crewmen with me in HS-12. Good on him for digging up this vid.

http://www.midwaysai...toiletbomb2.wmv

:drinks: CL

You're looking at 'Spads being loaded on The Midway.(early Vietnam)

They were probably still getting rid of the old WW2/Korea ordinance.

The bombs almost look like the old 1000 and 500 pounders.

LDGP's were new about that time.

Firehawk could set us straight on that issue.

:lol:

If I recall the event was an Alpha Strike in the early days of the Air War. I saw a still of this in a book on the the Spad and the load looks like Korean vintage 750 pounders. Hard to tell from the angle of the camera. As a side note, the book stated that the toilet had been removed as unserviceable and it was originally mounted as a joke. Someone then decided to go ahead and drop it. There was another squadron that had a Mk 76 lying around the shop and was told to " get rid of it". Due to a shortage of kill stores the Blue Death was loaded so the unit could say the launched with all stations loaded. Somewhere in Viet Nam there is a NVA EOD team still trying to safe that weapon.:blink:

One more thing concerning Spads and kill stores, a VC convoy one time was sighted on the Ho Chi Mihn Trail and the location was radioed back, the Spad squadrons had very little GP weapons at the time but lots of Depth Charges. They got permission to change fuses from the hydrostatic ones to an electrical one. By the time the Spads hit the convoy the valley was socked in, unless you understand explosives and their effect you need to know this, drop a store with an 70-85% explosive content into a valley, have the shock wave not only reflect not only from the sides but from the cloud cover too and the effect is worse than you could ever imagine. The poor bastards basically killed twice.

:lol:

As a side note, the book stated that the toilet had been removed as unserviceable and it was originally mounted as a joke.

Would have been a great waste to have dropped a serviceable toilet on these assholes......:blink:

Houdoe,

Derk

Would have been a great waste to have dropped a serviceable toilet on these assholes......:blink:

Houdoe,

Derk

My ordie friends and I still at the thought of some gomer trying to figure out how de-arm a blue colored Mk 76 LDPB.

Non,non, non, titi bombs make boucoup boom, you go !

My ordie friends and I still at the thought of some gomer trying to figure out how de-arm a blue colored Mk 76 LDPB.

Non,non, non, titi bombs make boucoup boom, you go !

Ha, ha, how about te idea to drop it loaded with fresh s**t......:rofl: In that case a new toilet would have been acceptable...

Houdoe,

Derk