Sign in to follow this  
DEVIL11

Missile Effect or mottor

Hi i was wondering if their is a more realistic missile effect like in strike fighters 2 cuz when i shoot a missile the mottor is a big smoke trail

It depends on your editing abilities, or the missile time in life, meaning, first missiles tended to be smokier than latest ones, just verify in the kb so you can adjust them to your taste!

Whats the KB

KB- Knowledge Base, the repository of all the knowledge and insight on this forum.

As for the smoke trails, the effects are true to the original period that TK replicated in SF. Earlier missiles left big plumes of white smoke upon launch, with every generation the weapon is improved including the motor. Look at pics of an AIM-9B and an AIM-9M, the trails are less smokey.

Maybe ur right cuz i have downladoed the unified effects pack that belongs to sf2 not sf1 ND I PUT THE EFFECTS on the sf1 and it is kinda tric, cuz when i launch an AIM-54C it Leaves a big plum smoke

Come to think about it,every missile I loaded in the Navy left a big plume of smoke, all but Harpoon, and that's because it has a jet engine for propulsion. Maybe we were doing it wrong in real life, I should have edited the rocket motors to make less smoke :crazy:

Maybe ur right cuz i have downladoed the unified effects pack that belongs to sf2 not sf1 ND I PUT THE EFFECTS on the sf1 and it is kinda tric, cuz when i launch an AIM-54C it Leaves a big plum smoke

Spell check.....

USE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im trying to make the missile effect like in strike fighters 2 how its more modern

Im trying to make the missile effect like in strike fighters 2 how its more modern

SF2's effects are DX10 shader-enhanced. The SF1-series is limited to DX9.

Soo theirs no way i can make them or look alike as sf2

Soo theirs no way i can make them or look alike as sf2

That depends on what you mean by "look Like". For example, the glow effect emitted by missile engines in SF2 is a DX10 effect.

As I said, the glow effect will not work in SF1 and its varients. It is DX10 (SF2) only. The exhuast trail is part of the SF2 particlesystem.ini, and will probably work fine.