Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Got a Face Mask for my Pilot

I never liked the funny looking pilot faces - they looked like students with glasses.

So I made a face mask for my pilot now. It still needs some work on it, but when it's

ready, I'll add it to the download section.

nice Olham

I have uploaded the file now; it should be available soon.

You find it in "Downloads" in the "Mods..." section.

Enjoy!

Aw, come on, you Camel jockey - even though you're flying on the other side of the mud mostly -

come and join me for a couple of virtual Andechser Doppelbock - that will wash that "Herr" of yer

tongue in the tastiest way. Or rather: you will forget about the word completely, You may even

forget which side of the mud you had to walk back to.

:grin:

:drinks:

mmmmm...Andechser Doppelbock. Fair enough Mein Freund, we shall drink away the 'Herr'! And then, you must slip across to my side of the mud and partake of a pint or two of O'Hara's Irish Red. Can't have you thinking it's only the Germans who know how to brew.

Oh-ho! Hannibal flies for the Hun, eh? Nice work, Olham,

Edited by Dej

Excellent Olham...I agree re: the Pilot's face...he looks like an old Pervy Schoolmaster! :lol:

I must be going blind!...have you got a link please??

Nice one, Olham.

I wonder when the first Darth Vader helmet will make an appearance in OFF... :grin:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Hey Olham, you are in my land now...Pilots

Do you know that I'm officially commissioned to 'dress' the pilots and crews of the other, luxurius WWI sim

and instead of doing it, I prefer designing OFF Albatri skins with you...

mmmmm...Andechser Doppelbock. Fair enough Mein Freund, we shall drink away the 'Herr'!

And then, you must slip across to my side of the mud and partake of a pint or two of O'Hara's Irish Red.

Can't have you thinking it's only the Germans who know how to brew.

No problem, Lou, I was never one of THOSE Germans.

I actually regard that certain German behaviour about the beer and the "Reinheitsgebot" very stupid.

The hold high, that they brew like the old masters, with nothing but hops, malt and water - and then

they add carbon dioxyde to make it sparkling!

I have been to England several times, and I must say, that they have many more small private

breweries there, and that I like it, when they just pull the pint from the barrel in the cellar by using low-

pressure, instead of driving carbon dioxyde. And I prefer the temperature being "cellar-cooled" instead

of the chilled German ways.

Don't get me wrong - I also liked many German beers. But we are not the only ones who brew good ones, surely!

A pity I never learned to know O'Hara's Irish Red, before I quit that hobby. Sigh!

For Widowmaker:

http://combatace.com/files/file/12000-pilot-cap-hun-1916-1917/

Don't panik, Hasse Wind! Not from my hand! :starwars:

I feel honoured, elephant ! You really have that job, no joke?

NO joke...

I still need to make the pilot and additionally a German frontal gunner for the Gotha...

but I'm in the mood for OFF, lately...(I'm having phases of total addiction sometimes)!

Anyway, I have to put my ass down and finish them, there is a major update patch on the way.

I would like to show you my progress on that subject guys, as I feel more comfortable here than in the other Forum,

but the last time I referred, I admit, graphically to RoF, things went pretty nasty... :grin:

I could pass some of the stuff I've got to OFF too, if there is such an interest...

:salute:

Yikes!!!!.......good add Olham...thanks. It's true the pilots look pretty dull......but these guys are downright sinister. The mask is worthy of a Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. Well....why not....after all everybody was up there to murder each other.......so....nice work! Thanks again.........

gaw, there have really been lamb skin face masks with the wool inside.

Outside they were black or brown leather - and yes, they did look frightening!

Here's a brown one:

Edited by Olham

From pervy schoolmaster to psychotic Rapist!...and I thought these guys had 'Honour' :lol:

(nice addition though Olham) :drinks:

Read the description I wrote with the uploaded file, elephant.

No problem, Lou, I was never one of THOSE Germans.

I actually regard that certain German behaviour about the beer and the "Reinheitsgebot" very stupid.

The hold high, that they brew like the old masters, with nothing but hops, malt and water - and then

they add carbon dioxyde to make it sparkling!

I have been to England several times, and I must say, that they have many more small private

breweries there, and that I like it, when they just pull the pint from the barrel in the cellar by using low-

pressure, instead of driving carbon dioxyde. And I prefer the temperature being "cellar-cooled" instead

of the chilled German ways.

Don't get me wrong - I also liked many German beers. But we are not the only ones who brew good ones, surely!

A pity I never learned to know O'Hara's Irish Red, before I quit that hobby. Sigh!

reason is that the deutsche reinheitsgebot never existed. it's only a marketing thing. only thing what existed for real and still does is the bayerische reinheitsgebot. and bavarian beer, which is considered as the best beer, is really brewed as the old rules say.

so if you see deutsches reinheitsgebot on the bottle, you know it means nothing.

if you see bayerisches reinheitsgebot, then you'll know it's the real rule and it's made like it should.

I had read it and still couldn't see it... :dntknw:

I must be getting blind... :cool:

Thanks!

Edited by elephant

I have now also added a facemask to the British pilot cap - his is more brown, as the original file was.

The Hun cap was wrong in size before - please use the new one.

May take a little to get the approval from the admins.

You will find a zipped folder.

Unzip it and then move the two Pilotcap files here:

(your OFF folder) > aircraft > shared

Please make yourself a backup of the two original files first.

wait a sec....that's me!

gaw, there have really been lamb skin face masks with the wool inside.

Outside they were black or brown leather - and yes, they did look frightening!

Here's a brown one: