Sign in to follow this  
huginn

Buy OFF Phase 3 now, or wait for Phase 4?

Should I buy OFF Phase 3 now? I can afford it, but I just found out about OFF today, and I can't find any expected date for the release of Phase 4—and I don't want to buy Phase 3 only to repurchase the whole thing as Phase 4 a month later.

Or can Phase 3 users upgrade to Phase 4 for a lesser fee, or at no cost?

What exactly is Phase 3? If I buy BHH and HitR, is that Phase 3?

Should I buy OFF Phase 3 now? I can afford it, but I just found out about OFF today, and I can't find any expected date for the release of Phase 4—and I don't want to buy Phase 3 only to repurchase the whole thing as Phase 4 a month later.

Or can Phase 3 users upgrade to Phase 4 for a lesser fee, or at no cost?

What exactly is Phase 3? If I buy BHH and HitR, is that Phase 3?

welcome huginn,

phase 3 is exactly BHaH and HiTR is an expansion pack which is not needed to play BHH, but a must have because it offers more features and improvements and more aircraft and squads etc.

phase 4 will be a standalone payware according to the developers. so no upgrades from phase 3

there is no release date, yet. not even estimated. they are deep in developement and i think that a release might be this year, might be next year or even longer. nobody knows. IOW you can buy and enjoy BHaH.

cheers

creaghorn

Welcome to OFF Huginn.

Like Creaghorn says, for a modest outlay now you can join us over Flanders fields by just getting BH&H. You'll get your money's worth after a month or two, and then (unless P4 release suddenly becomes imminent) you can convince yourself that HiTR is also a worthwhile investment. Either way, you can't lose! :salute:

Welcome to the OFF Forum, huginn!

As a release date for P4 is not even slightly hinted by the devs, I have the personal impression,

that it will not come out before autumn - rather later.

So it depends on how keen you are on getting into your flying gear. With BHaH plus HitR, you

would get a very great WW1 air combat sim; it's immersion in the Campaigns is said even by

the users of "the other sim" to be unreached.

I don't get anything from OBD for writing this "commercial"; it is pure enthusiasm.

So, if it was me who had the dream and the money (not that much really), I wouldn't even wait

a single day. So great is it.

Edited by Olham

yeah....jump in....might as well get your tail shot off now. You'll appreciate the change up too when P4 lands. It's great as is........no regrets....good forum support too..........

Huginn, I will echo what my comrades have said above. Make the investment now in P3, you will not regret it. Although, you may regret how addicted you'll become to flying and fighting in the virtual OFF skies, but that's a risk we've each taken, and we're all still perfectly fine...:pilotfly:...relatively speaking.

BTW, new lads buy the drinks, and as it is quite early in the AM I'd simply like a nice hot cuppa' very strong black coffee with just a touch of fresh cream, and an almond scone if you'd be so kind.

Cheers!

Lou

I'd simply like a nice hot cuppa' very strong black coffee with just a touch of fresh cream, and an almond scone if you'd be so kind.

An almond scone! Now that's what I call a very good idea! Hmmmm!!!! Scones!!!!!

I'd prefer a good quality blend os Assam teas with it, if it is possible. With candy rock and cream!

mmmmm...candy rock, or rock candy as it's called on this side of the pond. A lump or two of brown sugar candy rock in a really good cuppa' tea or coffee...very nice.

No one really knows about P-4 so U might as well join us and the forum. U will be missing out if ya dont join.:drinks::declare:

I'll echo the others ... I would buy Phase 3 now. Phase 3 and the expansion pack are excellent value (great products for a good price). My personnal expectation is that Phase 4 will not be coming our way until at least 2012, so why miss having a bunch of fun with Phase 3 in the meantime.

P4 won't be released anytime soon. If you ever enjoyed Red Baron or Wings of Glory or any some such then Flanders Fields is the place for you. In no other flight sim will you find such exciting and authentic historical campaigns.

Like almost all here I have both BH&Hand the expansion HitR.

For the amount of enjoyment I get and time spent with it I feel like I should send the Dev team 3 more payment checks.

You will get plenty of enjoyment from OFF for the very modest outlay of funds.

I have a feeling (pulled from my arse) that P4 is about a year away. And that's fine. From some of the screenshots and hints given by the Deva it will be worth the wait.

As an added bonus, when you are up and flying with P3, you can come here and talk smack about your latest pilots and adventures!

Hey huginn.

the comments above me have already said it well - but seeing as I was exactly in the same boat like you up until a week and a half ago, and finally decided to go for P3, even with the risk of P4 coming out next month (something that is very unlikely) - I strongly urge you to buy P3. you won't regret it, I guarantee you.

I can only echo the above sentiments.

P4 may be the ultimate WWI paradise, but P3 and HitR give me my shot of heroin now.....