Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

Nicest Aerodrome in OFF is also the Biggest Easter Egg !

It occurred to me this morning when I was looking through the screenshots in Olham's post about the nicest airfields in OFF, that the nicest one by far is also the largest easter egg in the sim as well. The hidden Zeppelin base deep in the Swiss Alps:

OFF_Alps_Zep_Base_001.jpg

Very cool, and very tricky of our clever group of devs to hide this gem away in a quiet, picturesque valley far from the Western Front. :smile:

Is that a user's mod or is it really there in standard OFF, Lou???

Looks half the way to Salzburg to me, Lou - does your CO know, where you waste all that petrol? :rofl:

Lou- Where is that aerodrome? What is the designation? I often try to escape for a bit of scenic R&R.

Royce

Royce, rather than me trying to explain it, simply click on the link below and download the RAR file, unzip it, and install the mission file into your 'Germany' folder inside your 'missions' 'scenarios' folder, the path to which should look something like this: C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\missions\scenarios\Germany

Alpine Test Mission, Germany

Create a German test pilot, pick 'Quick Scenarios' and choose the mission, and make sure to check 'Pilot Never Dies' as you will techincally be behind enemy lines when you land. You will have a bomb load, and if you follow the flight path over the Alps you will come to an enemy aerodrome target I have placed in northern Italy.

Enjoy!

Lou

Lou - Thanks very much..that's what I needed to know!! In RB years ago, I used to fly into the mountain areas, NE in the Alsace region. Great scenery there..at least for the time and the sim.

Royce

You know there's a couple of late-war 1918-1920 era blimps that were made for CFS3-OFF-2? Launching them from my favorite CFS-3 airfield causes much mayhem. Oh the humanity!

Hey...this'll be fun....never seen this either...on my way....thanks!

It looks absolutely fabulous! :ok:

I'll give the mission a try too... :salute:

Thanks!

What a great easter egg. Maybe there'll be flying Zeppelins in P4... :cool:

That should be a good reason for flying a British campaign.

But even if the Zeps will not appear yet - there will be the big Gothas and HPs.

Reasons for everone!