Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

SF2 A-6E VA-85 Black Falcons for Third Wire A-6 Intruder

SF2 A-6E VA-85 Black Falcons for Third Wire A-6 Intruder

This skin represents VA-85 during their cruise aboard the USS Forrestal in 1972/1973.

Although the aircraft in the add-on is stated as an A-6E, in reality it's a Third Wire

A-6A with various INI tweaks to represent the engine and avionics improvements of the 'E'

model over the 'A'.

Special thanks to Wrench for donating the 'Black Falcon' decal and for modifying the stock

ThirdWire 'AA' tailcode. Cheers Kev, couldn't have done that without you mate.

Credits:

* Gull grey skin by Gerwin

* Nose number and tail serial number decals by mppd

* 'Black Falcon' and modified stock Tailcode decals by Wrench

* 'DIANE' cockpit mod my MiGBuster

* Mk7 ejection seats by ravenclaw_007

Hi love the bird was a plane captain in the Corps in 1974. My model is showing black fuel tanks even after I eject them.

My aircraft is also showing black blob fuel tanks on every hardpoint, even when you haven't loaded fuel tanks.

When you load weapons, they superimpose over the fuel tanks, and then as you fire the weapons the black blobs are left on your plane.

I notice the last support comment was made in 2011, so obviously no solution to the problem.

Maybe best not to look at aircraft from outside.

yup. Stay in the cockpit. How to fly aircraft from outside? 

Definitely skin/data issue. 

Make sure you have a bitmap for fuel tanks in the skin folder or main folder.

overlaying weapon with fuel tanks is an issue, common to aircraft with build in fuel tanks nodes in 3d model.  Only resolvable by correct data.ini with correct lines FuelTankNodeName=  and separate weapon stations for fuel tanks. Guessing you are using some wrongly moded data.ini.