Does it exist?

I know that there is a "StartDefaultDate" line which, clearly, makes a skin as default from that date. But I want to make a skin only flyable after certain date, not make it the default one.

:dntknw:

It sure does work...

Look at my OzMirages ... the NM skins start, and then switch to the camo

example:

75 Squadron, NM:

[TextureSet]

Name=75 Sqdn (Silver)

Nation=Australia

Squadron=76 Squadron

StartDefaultDate=1964

Specular=1.000000

Glossiness=0.500000

Reflection=0.600000

75 Squadron, Gray/Green camo:

[TextureSet]

Name=75 Sqdn Camo

Nation=Australia

Squadron=75 Squadron

StartDefaultDate=1970

Specular=0.400000

Glossiness=0.400000

Reflection=0.000000

you pick 1969 to fly in, you get NM. YOu pick 1970, it's camo

works a charm, as they say

Works fine, f.e. my Canberra B.62 Mod.

StartDefaultDate in the textureset.ini is the key point

What The Wrench and Soufreak have said above is true but what I think you're asking is this:

You have two skins for an aircraft, Skin1 and Skin2.

You want Skin1 until a certain date with Skin2 unavailable for selection.

Then after that date, you only want to be able to select Skin2.

If this is true, the above method won't work and the only way you will be able to do it is by creating two different aircraft folders with only one skin in each. Then you will have to change the service dates of the aircraft in the _DATA.ini as required for when you want the skins available.

All of this aside, the StartDefaultDate as detailed above, will work for you. The AI aircraft and the default skin of your flight will be the right skin according to the dates you set except that you will be able to change the skin manually.

I think this is a much better solution and an acceptable trade off to having an extra aircraft folder just to separate the skins.

Dels

Thank you, Wrench and Soulfreak, but only Dels got my question.

Anyway, I agree with you, Dels. Using StartDefaultDate is much better than creating a hole new aircraft. Thanks!

:good:

Happy to help. :yes:

can you set an end date? like with Phantoms, where you dont really have SEA after 1984 yet a mix of SEA Wraparound, Euro 1 and Hill 2 thru out the 80s. in the loadout screen you have options to pick any skin by my experimenting tho it will pick the right one for the era based on year? or am i just nitpicking here?

Edited by daddyairplanes

yes, your nitpicking :rofl:

There is no end date; the next skin starts at whatever year you specify

it would work the same way ...example: you start with the SEA (DefaultStartDate=1), then Euro1 ( StartDefaultDate=1975), then Hill1 (StartDefaultDate=1985) or whatever the year you want it to start with.

they switch autovanmatically. Select the mission start year, and see whats up (test with my OzMirages -- you'll see)

wrench

kevin stein

• Dislike 1

yes, your nitpicking :rofl:

There is no end date; the next skin starts at whatever year you specify

it would work the same way ...example: you start with the SEA (DefaultStartDate=1), then Euro1 ( StartDefaultDate=1975), then Hill1 (StartDefaultDate=1985) or whatever the year you want it to start with.

they switch autovanmatically. Select the mission start year, and see whats up (test with my OzMirages -- you'll see)

wrench

kevin stein

damn i thought so. i tried i before with my F-4E_78 and sure enough auto plugged the right skin for the era(SEA from 65, SEA wraparound startin in 79 etc) but everything was still available if you looked for it in the lopadout screen. thanks for your quick response.

and sir be watchin your PM next week. sendin you a sampler of my stock F-4 mod. now that patch kinks are worked out think im bout ready to upload it!