i havnt actuallt got LOMAC yet, but at xmas i am. i cant wait for it. can any1 tell me what there is to do on it and how good it really is? but i cant believe i have to wait! nooooooooooooooo :help:

i havnt actuallt got LOMAC yet, but at xmas i am. i cant wait for it. can any1 tell me what there is to do on it and how good it really is? but i cant believe i have to wait! nooooooooooooooo  :help:

Welcome!

First thing, get the patch 1.00 to 1.02 (you can get it a www.lo-mac.com or here)

Download LOMAN 2.1 so that you can tweak the game, add missions and skins.

http://www.biohazcentral.com/dl_engine/red...bb461c8c192336e

Download ZZZSPACE soundpack 6.2 (a complete sound replacement pack)

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/in...hp?Fichier=2093

There are many great missions, skins and campaigns here at Biohaz - and I am sure you will find many that you will like.

Edited by ThomasDWeiss

It was kind of fun to see Lock On evolve from 1.00 to 1.02 - he will miss the 'pleasure' of firing AMRAAM after AMRAAM at a target and see them all miss ... :biggrin:

Edited by ThomasDWeiss

when i get my new pc. i wil be on an 80gb hard drive and windows xp. dont know much else about it. ill get back yo you on that one. but when i do its going to be soooooooooooooooo cool, i seen the screenshots of it and they luk amazing! i cant wait much longer!

Welcome to BioHaz!

It's a steep learning curve, but the game is absolutely beautiful presuming your hardware and tweaks support it. Have a look at the "sticky" posts at the top of this LOMAC section to get the readme, optimization hints, and so on. That will help when the time comes.

Don't hesitate to post any questions, queries or comments you may have once you get your hands on the game. We've got a great community here. :biggrin:

Cheers!

o ye, i frgot to ask. can you download new planes for it? becasue i saw some blue angels f-18's on screenshoots page and are they easy to install?

Those F18s you saw are just skins, they are using the F15 that looks like a Hornet. Just about every download you get for Lomac will be loman compatable, so the install is a breeze.

Those F18s you saw are just skins, they are using the F15 that looks like a Hornet. Just about every download you get for Lomac will be loman compatable, so the install is a breeze.

You can download the MiG-29K, Eagle Dynamics will release a Su-25 and a Ka-50 add on in the coming months.

i just watched the doberman video and the graphics luk amazing! the game is brill! to sum it up in one word... AMAZING

i was reading the russian forums through a translator and i have a feeling there is some miss understanding re the Ka-50 addon.

my understanding is it will be a completely different game to lock-on and not an add-on as we are all hoping for. (obviously it will be using the lomac engine)

lets hope im wrong and it will come out as a downloadable add-on!

do you get to taxi onto the runway from hangars and is there alot of addons? and is it an expansion pack becasue it seems to be very cheap for such a good game.

Edited by 000scott000

u taxi to the runway from the apron (not a hanger unfortunately)

they are just about to release the first official add-on very soon (we are hoping in the next month or so ..no release date mentioned) apart from that you can grab a few thrid party add-ons that generally change minor things like an aircraft model (ie fly the f15 but it looks like an f18)

:victory:

do you get to taxi onto the runway from hangars and is there alot of addons? and is it an expansion pack becasue it seems to be very cheap for such a good game.

Hi 000scott000, man I feel for your having to wait until Christmas for Lock On, what a drag huh? Be aware though mate, your new computer should have at least 512 meg of RAM and a fast video system (ATi9700 performance is about the minimum I would be aiming for) and a fast CPU (2.8 Gig or better is good). It'll work ok with lower specs than this but the better the PC you use, the faster and smoother it plays (and the better it looks). Lock On is a year old, and the 1.02 patch optimised it quite a bit, but it still hammers my PC harder than any other sim/game on the market today.

Good luck! :bye:

i get this when i follow your link,

"Sorry but your connection to our site has been terminated.

This can happen to ensure your security if you have been inactive on the site for some time, or there may be a temporary problem with the page.

To return to the home page of our site click below. If you were logged in before the connection was terminated you will need to log in again "

maybe you can cut and paste the text from your screen?

dont be too worried about your system though, i played it on a amd1.8 and geforce 3 ti200 with 512 ram, it was low detail but it was playable, but now i have my 1gig pc3200, gf 6800gt, amd64 3000+ and it is very pretty. still lags somethimes though. heh

2.8GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor

256Mb DDR RAM

80Gb Hard Drive

DVD RW Drive

Intel Extreme Integrated Graphics

1 Year Free Onsite Warranty

Microsoft Windows XP Home

56K Modem

14" TFT Monitor

HP 1317 All in One Printer

unfortunately thats not really a rig built with gaming in mind.

you really need to have a seperate Graphics card (integrated graphics cards are not designed with gaming in mind!)

and you will need at least 512Mb ram as zzzspace said.

It is an F-18, but it will only LOOK like an F-18 in the game. It will fly like and using the F-15 model. 'Skins' only make the planes LOOK different.