Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Track Air

:yikes: I Was thinking of my next big buy . Track Air but have questions about its size, and do u guys think its worth buying ?:this::drinks::salute:

Where have you been all the time, Carrick? All the TrackIR users talked about it so often here.

And they all say the same: that they don't remember how they could habe been flying without the device.

It is small like a webcam; there's a reflector you wear with a cap, or another one attached to headphones.

It is not cheap - but worth every penny.

You can watch the TrackIR demo or my last air combat, to see what it does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maKhIneljqg

You may get a bit "air-sick" first, but later it feels very natural. I would get it - if I didn't have it already.

Where have you been all the time, Carrick? All the TrackIR users talked about it so often here.

And they all say the same: that they don't remember how they could habe been flying without the device.

It is small like a webcam; there's a reflector you wear with a cap, or another one attached to headphones.

It is not cheap - but worth every penny.

You can watch the TrackIR demo or my last air combat, to see what it does:

You may get a bit "air-sick" first, but later it feels very natural. I would get it - if I didn't have it already.

I did a search on "Track Air" and found nothing so like Olham I will assume you mean TrackIR.

I will echo his comments - to me its as important to flight simming as a joystick.

Once you try it you will wonder WTH you've been doing all this time without it!

Size wise the camera (that you place on your monitor) is about 1/4 the size of a cell phone - its nothing.

Then the thing you stick on your head - nothing again.

Run, don't walk, and get one.

Edited by DukeIronHand

Carrick, I was a long time flyer doing without TrackIR. I fumbled through using padlock, POV controls, etc. I was worried about making the investment and finding I really didn't use it like I thought I would. Well young man........

I made the jump and bought version 5 and I am so damn thrilled with it's performance, the added joy of flying and the immersion it offers within the game that I am only sorry that I waited so long to buy it. Now I won't fly without it, ever!

So if you can scrape together the money I for one would highly recommend going for it.

Why not try out the FaceTrackNoIR http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/ first. It's not quite all the features of TrackIR but getting there, and will give you an idea first, if you have a webcam without shelling out. Then you can see if you want to go for TrackIR. But TracKIR is totally strongly recommended and always has been for OFF.

Imagine flying a flight sim with keyboard then getting a joystick and slapping yourself for not doing it sooner. TrackIR is the same. You'll be back saying Doh you were right guys..

If you're going to use Freetrack it behooves you to download one of the earlier TrackIR software downloads, so you get the proper .DLL's and other files for running CFS3-OFF in Freetrack.

Download the TrackIR program zip to a separate folder, but don't initiate it. Copy and paste some of the DLL's over to the freetrack folder and 'voila! you have CFS3 recognized as one of your optional games, which FreeTrack wouldn't recognize before.

If just getting a look over your shoulder without the side to side translation or the up and down translation will suffice for your viewing needs in OFF Freetrack has the 2 axis option in setup, that will use less system resources, and works with a single LED. One could be simply mounted on the bill of a cap for starters.