Sign in to follow this  
pins

Lomac - what mods

G'day Gentleman,

Have recently purchased Lomac, installed 102 patch and the sim is now quiet stable. Are there any mods which are recommended to improve visuals and or gameplay.

Thanks for any input.

Pins

you should get loman, to tweak your settings and to make installing and uninstalling skins and such easy, you could get the zzzspace 6.2 soundpack, you can try the mods to make overcast less a graphics hog to give you better performance. (if you only get like 15 fps in the second a-10 campaign mission, this will prolly help alot). other than that dl all the skins you can find and try them out! btw if you have a skin you would really like to use in a campaign you have to open the mission editor, click on your plane (white square and under pilot should have "player" for the skill level) and then click payload, then a the bottom left corner youll see a drop down menu of all the skins you have installed for that aircraft, pick one, and save the mission and your set. theres prolly an easier way to do it though, maybe replace the name of an origional texture with the new one, but this is the most flexible i think. also, when i first started playing lomac, i played on custom difficulty, basically ace settings with padlock/views enabled but but missle accuracy at like 40-45%. it makes a big difference. then maybe after you get used to playing turn off labels, i never would have guessed turning off labels would make everything seem soo different. have fun!

Thanks mate,

Downloading Loman atm. After years with F4 this is a whole new learning process again.

Cheers.