Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

My 4000th Post!

An open tab at the pub all day Gents. The drinks are most assuredly on me!

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou (OFF veteran of 4000 posts, aviateur extraordinaire, great adventurer, grand amateur de femmes, poet laureate, and humble man)

Congrats Lou - well, it is a Friday, and seeing as the last patrol of the day has returned safe and sound with a couple more Huns driven down, what say we go to Amiens and paint the town rouge?

Une idée magnifique! Si, let's see how big a crew we can gather for the outing and we can steal...err...requisition a brace of lorries form the motor sergeant.

Lou, you're a humble man indeed :drinks:

Lou - get one of your chaps to take us in on a Crossley - he can pick up a few crates of beer and some cases of wine for the way back!

4000 posts? wow, and i was proud of my 1000th post. that's like having 6 victories, thinking what helluvan ace you are, and then MvR is coming to visit your squadron with his 67+ kills. you suddenly feel like a worm.

congrats old chap :drinks:

and at least 4,001 very good posts at that! :drinks:

Une idée magnifique! Si, let's see how big a crew we can gather for the outing and we can steal...err...requisition a brace of lorries form the motor sergeant.

Literally just returned from a photorecce over Festubert, I'll come along if I may.

4,000 posts! And and open tab! Oh its gonna be a good weekend...

On a serious note, based on my own experience, all your posts have been helpful, useful, or informative so its not 4,000 fluff posts. :salute:

Now that I have said that remember you are being humble!

Lou, if you guys could bring a British uniform and cap with your Crossley to this point I have marked

on the map, then I would love to join your Tour d'Amiens. We don't have any red paint left unfortunately -

a certain German nobleman and ace seems to have his long arms everywhere for this colour - but we

have a huge can of Mauve for the wings, which I could bring with me?

Red and Mauve? How does that sound?

Geeze, I just checked my own postings, and I'm afraid I will have to pay half the slate at least! :grin:

Not only feeling old - I feel like a chatterbox!

:drinks:

Amiens it is! Well done, Lou - a refreshing ale would go down a treat. :drinks:

And many thanks for your 'pearls' on this forum (and isn't it just ducky when you can match medal ribbons with your hair-ties!) :grin:

• Like 1

TaillyHo, I'm nothing if not stylish.

Olham, I believe we have an extra RFC lieutenant's tunic and trousers around here somewhere that should do the trick. And you Sir, are THE veteran in the OFF forums. Is there in fact anyone with a higher post count than you?

So let's see; Si, Stary, Creaghorn, Widowmaker, Wayfarer, Duke, Olham, and TaillyHo. That should just about fill the first tender. :smile:

"So let's see; Si, Stary, Creaghorn, Widowmaker, Wayfarer, Duke, Olham, and TaillyHo. That should just about fill the first tender."

And the first ambulance...

But, seeing as I haven't yet said it - congrats. It's always a treat to read your posts, regardless of how rubbish they are (joke!)

Cheers,

Si

and a very rare :drinks: from me!

"So let's see; Si, Stary, Creaghorn, Widowmaker, Wayfarer, Duke, Olham, and TaillyHo. That should just about fill the first tender."

And the first ambulance...

But, seeing as I haven't yet said it - congrats. It's always a treat to read your posts, regardless of how rubbish they are (joke!)

Cheers,

Si

and a very rare :drinks: from me!

Amen to that! :grin:

I hope I'm not too late to join in the revelry? Are we still drinking ale's or are we on to the Brandy yet? :drinks::drunks:

For Lou's a jolly good fellow

Who nobody can deny!

Edited to get fourth line correct. Duh!

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

...coincidentally 4000 is also the number of drinks we downed VP...oh, me achin' head...and we pranged more than our kites last night Macky old boy...quite the bender in Amiens...by the time everyone signed on we had to abandon the tenders for larger transport...

OFF_pilots_on_bus.jpg

...only half the crew's accounted for at this point but I imagine they'll be straggling back throughout the course of the day...coffee...where's the damned valet with my coffee...I'm supposed to be on patrol in 20 minutes...oh God, I hope I won't have to fire off the Lewis...

I'm impressed that you've already racked up another 20 posts since yesterday!

Hahaha - hupss! - I recognize myself - the third from the right, that's me!

It was a great night! Very fine piano playing even, until Widowmaker tried to stepdance on it and broke in.

Thank you all, gents

- for the Lieutenant's cap, TaillyHo - now I'll keep it as a souvenir!

- for redeeming me from the arrest cell, Lou!

- for helping me back into my German uniform, Wayfarer and Duke (I know it was tough)!

- for carrying me back to our lines, Creaghorn!

Man, I am so glad I don't have to - hupps! - don't have to fly today - when the - hupps! - Hauptmann saw me this morn,

he strictly banned me from service. I will get up, when this damn room stops turning.

Edited by Olham

...coincidentally 4000 is also the number of drinks we downed VP...oh, me achin' head...and we pranged more than our kites last night Macky old boy...quite the bender in Amiens...by the time everyone signed on we had to abandon the tenders for larger transport...

OFF_pilots_on_bus.jpg

...only half the crew's accounted for at this point but I imagine they'll be straggling back throughout the course of the day...coffee...where's the damned valet with my coffee...I'm supposed to be on patrol in 20 minutes...oh God, I hope I won't have to fire off the Lewis...

Well I guess that shoots down my wanting to sit shotgun seat in Old Bill. Guess I'll have to succor my wounded pride by grabbing a stanchion off the back and hanging on for dear life. Please don't take the corners at speed.. Happy 4000 and something post day Lou, from the other Lew. :drinks:

Edited by Lewie

Sorry to have missed the bender... on leave. Scuttlebutt up and down the line has it that you fellas can certainly pin one on... a legendary blow-out, apparently.

On the other hand I did pick up a couple of toothsome strumpets in Leicester Square so my leave wasn't wasted... unlike you folks.

Congrats on the milestone, Lou.

Many thanks Dej. Sorry you missed the soirée my friend, but it sounds as if you had a fine time anyway. And wasted our leave you say? I think not! We came back from our little recon with valuable information. We now know just how many pilots and show girls you can fit on a double-decker bus in a pinch. And, we also discovered that mixing French champagne with Irish whiskey and German beer can create a situation in one's gizzard akin to the Battle of the Somme.

... we also discovered that mixing French champagne with Irish whiskey and German beer can create a situation in one's gizzard akin to the Battle of the Somme.

Must be the French champaign then - I never had problems with the other fuels.

But what can you expect, when a drink is called "dry"? Tch!

:grin: