Sign in to follow this  
Bossco82

Help converting WOA Cockpits for SF2 Please

HI Guys,

I've been working on converting the cockpits in the WOA pack from Capuns site that show external canopy parts in SF2. After doing a rough fix of just moving the cockpits. However after extracting the TW P-51D I found a couple of lines to convert the cockpits properly. Finding this made Brain32's post in the KB make sense to me.

I've already done the Hurricane mkII B, its as follows,

Cockpit.ini changes,

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=HurricanePit

HideExternalNodeName=WindshieldFrame ****

HideExternalNodeName=Windshield ****

Position=0.00,0.100,0.72 **** matched to pilot positon in data.ini

Offset=0.0,-0.1,0.0

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxYaw=110

MinYaw=-110

MaxPitch=70

MinPitchFront=-60

MinPitchRear=-45

LightRange=1.5

LightInnerConeAngle=65

LightOuterConeAngle=70

LightAngles=0.0,-30.0,0.0

DiffuseLightFactor=0.5

NightLightOn=0.25

NightLightColor=0.6,0.3,0.4

Gunsight=GunsightFront

Data.ini changes,

[AircraftData]

EmptyMass=2480.0

EmptyInertia=5580.0,5704.0,10044.0

ReferenceArea=23.97

ReferenceSpan=12.19

ReferenceChord=1.966

CGPosition=0.0,0.0,0.0

CockpitCGOffset=TRUE ********

Component[001]=Fuselage

Component[002]=Nose

Component[003]=LeftWing

Component[004]=RightWing

Component[005]=LeftOuterWing

Component[006]=RightOuterWing

Component[007]=LeftWingTip

Component[008]=RightWingTip

Component[009]=Tail

Component[010]=VertTail

Component[011]=LeftStab

Component[012]=RightStab

I got the node names from the OUT file. However I need help with the P-40F Warhawk. I've done the same as above but no matter which node name I input for it to hide the windscreen still shows. The only one that get rid of it is if I input "Fuselage" as the node to hide but then the whole plane dissappears. Any help appreciated, I've posted the same over at Capuns forum, i'd really like to crack this one.

Cheers.

Edited by Boostjunky

instead of adding the HideExternalNodeName= in the cockpit data file, set ShownFromCockpit=False to the Fuselage in the Warhawk _data.ini

edit:typo

mind this, but hiding the fuselage, on some models you might hide the fan this way, depends how the plane was created

Edited by Stary

Yeah I did think about that one Stary, I suppose I was just trying to do it the clever way only hiding the canopy frame. How are you getting on converting your WOA for SF2?

On checking again, if I set the fuselage "showfromcockpit=false" it also removes the props. I dont understand how lods work, could all the nodes be tied together someway?

depends on the plane -IF the propeller is build as/linked to part of the fuselage, it will hide too, some planes have also nose node defined, these seem to work fine with fuselage hidden

My install is so-so, still need some tweaks I guess

Well the only way so far i've managed to get the P-40F without the double cockpit is to move it forward. Can you tell me what value the X,Y,Z positioning numbers are in, ,is it in metre's? this is pure curiosity! Other cockpits so far are working fine using the "hideexternalnodename" entry.

By the way the generic WW2 cockpits you made are excellent, top job, :good:

I'm using my unfinished Hawk75 pit :blush:

I've put your MID_WW2_COCKPIT3, in the Tomahawk, looks ace with the internal guns. I must try to learn cockpit modelling. Can you tell me what software I would need on a 64bit system to start having a play around making some?

3D studio Max

Well I thought Photoshop was expensive, I think 3D Studio Max is a little out of my budget, gonna have to leave it to the modellers on here for a while.

Back to the point on the P-40F I think Capun's found a solution but I havn't tried it on my install yet.

you can download trial one-month student version of newest Max for free...