Sign in to follow this  
phantom67

Like watching a slide-show...

So I finally got around to getting a GTX 570, and the frame rates, well, they're BEAUTIFUL. Getting huge performance increases everywhere (even manage to run ArmA2 with everything set to Very High). I just find it strange because theoretically the 4870X2 is still meant to be a very decent card, which leads me to assume that it was just very poorly optimized or the drivers were absolute garbage, either way, ATI/AMD are the devil, and they sure as s**t won't be seeing my dollars again any time soon.

Now for some trouble-free gaming :)

Hi gang. I've been away for a loooonng time but decided to get back into it since I'm building a WWI collection for the school kids at my library next year. My rig is very old at about 10 years but the nVidia card is decent and only a few years old. If the dual pass render is not the main culprit, I would suggest that the facilities that were built for the game are a little too intricate for some rigs. They're just great scenes, but the numebr of objects is a serious rendering tax that causes quantum differences in performance. I wish we had a level adjust on the detail of facilities as well as scenery budgets, terrain budgets and aircraft textures. I built my own for CFS3 and ETO and the rest and it helped a lot. If there is a common set that could be tweaked down, I'm sure everyone could see a huge difference. This might be good for combat immersion for even the fastest rigs. Massive furballs in heavy Archie would please everyone. It's just a theory so lets hope the dual pass does the trick.

OK I missed the last few posts somehow. Looks like the new nVidia card is doing the trick. Good to know because I am in the market for a new gaming laptop/ desktop replacement. nVidia GTX setups are my favorite so far.

Edited by Squiffy