Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

? for our 3d Guys...

If the max files for Wolfs aircraft were to become available, would any of you be willing to take them on?

Meaning, doing what work would be necessary to update them for SF2 usage?

This would mean cutting meshes for movable control surfaces, checking them closly for open meshes, flipped faces, seperate animations (ie: the linked gear/canopy operations), general fiddling, etc.

Not sure if this is even going to happen, I requested that Wolf contact me here so I can ask if he'd be willing to release the Max files so we can rework them to the most current standards.

We can only keep our fingers crossed. This would go a LOOOOOOOOONG way in bringing WW2 to SF2

(mind you, flight models are another matter...)

wrench

kevin stein

Can take a look at least wrench m8

Edited by russouk2004

me too :smile:

This is VERY good news! May I join in on the skinning front at least with the Bf109F and derivatives? (Assuming it happens, that is.) Model builders who don't have a skinner to advise them are capable of doing the funniest things...

now, we just have to wait for Jim to show up and tell us, one way or the other.....

Thank you Gentlemen!

wrench

kevin stein

Dunno Kevin, didn't he sell them to the YAP'ers for Rising Sun? You know what they, well zero-zero, is like when it comes to anyone else using something he believes he has exclusive rights to.

JB5

Dunno Kevin, didn't he sell them to the YAP'ers for Rising Sun? You know what they, well zero-zero, is like when it comes to anyone else using something he believes he has exclusive rights to.

JB5

Yep !!!! Thats the reason that when zero zero approached me for some of my Mods I refused.... and im a bit skeptic if some of the rising suns models..like the Nell( loooks alot like mine) are not RIPS

Ed, to my untrained eye, some models are eerie similar to IL2 ones... don't want to blackmail anyone (ha! liar me!) but... you never ever make similar shapes identically polygon-wise (->RS Tomahawk)

Veltro2k is around! Buddy, will your new P-39 ever released? Cheers!

well, it's been over a month, and nothing from Wolf. I think it's safe to say, we're probably on our own with this.

So, oh well! We tried to get the MAX files.

carry on, folks ... go back to what you were doing.

wrench

kevin stein

I really consider actually buying one of those hi-poly Bf-109e raw models from turbosquid or similar places for SF2 usage... must be something wrong with me :blink:

Hello guys, I am able to make Bf-109 B,D, and maybe E if somebody would make textures

and FM :-)

Monty CZ

bless you Monty!:drinks:

:worship:

Russo you are right you already did the 109E, so is there need of another one? I dont think so,

maybe some FM polishing.

I wanted the B and C as a opponent of my Avia B.35 (and Avia B.534) for what if 1938 campaign but I dont

know if somebody else is interested to fly those early birds ...

Monty CZ

I'm not trying to be critical of Russo's beautiful Emil, which I fly all the time, but would it be possible to do a few things with it? 1 Could the slat animation be unlinked from the flap animation, so that they deploy the same as the slats on Wolf's F model, due to air pressure? It would be nice to see the animation on the Emil in tight turns. 2 Could the bottom of the rudder be rounded just a little bit more? 3 Could a rounded cockpit exterior model be created from it, ala the Me109e-3 in its earlier form. As I said, I'm not trying to be critical of your model, Russo. It's one of my favorite planes to fly in SF2 using the ATeam's flight model from WOA. With these three tweaks, we could create E1s, early E3s, and still have beautiful E4s.

Russo you are right you already did the 109E, so is there need of another one? I dont think so,

maybe some FM polishing.

I wanted the B and C as a opponent of my Avia B.35 (and Avia B.534) for what if 1938 campaign but I dont

know if somebody else is interested to fly those early birds ...

Monty CZ

Oh, Monty CZ, I think there are a lot of guys interested to shot down those early birds! :grin: I am. And can't wait for your Avia B.35...

If I can find time,heck I will do...

also have the E7

Thanks, Russo. I spend more time "in the cockpit" of your Emil than I do any other aircraft I have in my WW2 install.

Oh, Monty CZ, I think there are a lot of guys interested to shot down those early birds! :grin: I am. And can't wait for your Avia B.35...

same here -by the way, wasn't Jan Tuma working on similar theatre of operation?

russ, etal

is this the same E7 you sent me several years ago? Screenie of folder below. Please check date of lod