I have a question. Can I add a new weapon to a plane's loadout?

For example... I have a Mig-21-2000 (Israelian version) with western weapons like AIM-9 , AIM-7...

This plane has only non-guided bombs availible.

Can I add guided bombs like Paveway , Valleye?? If it's possible please tell me how can I do this thing.

Mark.

Edited by BetaHouse

I have a question. Can I add a new weapon to a plane's loadout?

For example... I have a Mig-21-2000 (Israelian version) with western weapons like AIM-9 , AIM-7...

This plane has only non-guided bombs availible.

Can I add guided bombs like Paveway , Valleye?? If it's possible please tell me how can I do this thing.

Mark.

Yes you can you need to edit the aircrafts data_ini find the weapons area and go to work... but its best to read the knowledge base here at Combatace its taken nearly 10 years to write so its a damn informative read.

Edited by Slartibartfast

http://combatace.com/topic/12099-basic-ini-editing-weapon-stations/

that'll get you basic information.

but it's a lot more than simply changing/adding the weapons types ... there's targeting avionics to consider as well ... are they LGBS? EO bombs/missiles??? Do you need a TV display??

Things to consider. They were probably NOT added to the mod for a reason

One more thing to consider, before that I know it's a game!, that said, was the aircraft ever fitted to carry such weapons? This series out of the box has tried over the years to be historically accurate, modding the loadouts for grins is fine but having a Walleye Mk1 Mod1 hanging off a Fishbed's wing is going to look more than funny_ and not funny like a clown_ but very odd. Add two more factors into the mix, weight the Mod1 was a 250lb class weapon/Mod2 was a 2000lb class that is only the bomb body fins and electronics are extra, and drag, these create a lot of drag on the parent aircraft. Okay stay with me...

The Fishbed was developed as a point defense interceptor, it was very fast very agile and could kill almost any threat in it's backyard. The best wast to defeat one was to make the pilot burn so much fuel he would have little engagement time. Throwing missiles on it was no problem, it was made to do that, a couple of dumb bombs or rocket pods? again no problem, Soviet doctrine dictated that all aircraft have some offensive ability, but the A2G weapons used the stock sighting system. Now the fun part, in the game as Wrench stated there is more to slapping the bombs on the stations. Walleye was a TV or Electro-Optically guided weapon,Paveway is Laser guided and you will need another bird or ground controller to carry the designator as the early LGB's mother ships could not carry and guide at the same time, therefore you will need to make the ini changes in the electronics and data config files. That's just the start and since I don't have the KB or any of the Fishbed's ini files open this is coming off the top of my pointed head.

I am not trying to put you off of trying your loadout, I just want you to know what you are getting yourself into from the start, if it works and you can carry and kill things on the ground post pics and share the edits so others can duplicate your feats of daring-do.

Happy flying and hope you don't crash :salute:

• Like 1

http://combatace.com...eapon-stations/

that'll get you basic information.

but it's a lot more than simply changing/adding the weapons types ... there's targeting avionics to consider as well ... are they LGBS? EO bombs/missiles??? Do you need a TV display??

Things to consider. They were probably NOT added to the mod for a reason

MiG-21-2000 is an Israelian modification Fishbed and in real life it has upgraded avionics , HUD , cockpit so it can carry LGBs.

In game it uses an F-15 cockpit so TV display it's not a problem.

Here's a screenshot of plane's stores availible. As you can see , it can carry non guided bombs.

Screenshot

P.S. I converted it into a LenceR-C 'couse it's the most appropiate plane to the romanian bird.

Edited by BetaHouse

Sorry for double post , I just want to thank you all for your help. I made it , there's not a problem anymore.

Here's another screenshot.

Screenshot

// Weapon Stations ---------------------------------------------------------

[LeftOuterWingStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-2.68,-1.49,-0.42

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=500.0

LengthLimit=3.5

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RCKT,RP,IRM,FT,EOGR,ARM,LGB -> I just added "LGB" to AllowedWeaponClass line and now it works!

AttachmentType=WP,NATO,USAF,USN,ISRAEL,FRANCE

ModelNodeName=WingPylon_Outer_L

PylonMass=60

PylonDragArea=0.02

LaunchRailNodeName=MissileRail_Outer_L

LaunchRailHeight=0.10

LaunchRailMass=25

FuelTankName=Tank490_MiG21

[RightOuterWingStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=2

StationGroupID=1