Sign in to follow this  
Falcon161

Ak-47

Nice way to tune up the chair, Falcon, i remember the article you sent us. Just out of curiosity, how does it work? I mean, how do you aim through it,does it put the sight in position for you to aim it manually, or do you use some different kind of optics? My now deceased grandad used to shoot with a .22 competition handgun, but had to use a simmilar chair after a cardiac arrest paralyzed him, and he said he really missed shooting and was sad at the idea of his gun getting rusty.

Edited by macelena

Nice way to tune up the chair, Falcon, i remember the article you sent us. Just out of curiosity, how does it work? I mean, how do you aim through it,does it put the sight in position for you to aim it manually, or do you use some different kind of optics? My now deceased grandad used to shoot with a .22 competition handgun, but had to use a simmilar chair after a cardiac arrest paralyzed him, and he said he really missed shooting and was sad at the idea of his gun getting rusty.

Well, see that joystick with my hand on it? That's how I move the mount to aim. I couldn't use the scope that my folks got me one Christmas because the large gap to my eye and the scope. I shoot with the iron sites with special shooting glasses that covers my left eye since I can't wink & hold my left eye. To fire the joystick has a red button :). Not in the picture is another box with a button once its depressed and held I could fire, its a liability for the company.

I can fine tune the axis' with knobs near my rifle stock. I'll put up another picture that is a close up shot with my .45 colt revolver.

See those knobs? I can set up the sensitivity of the mount's axis' for tweaking my aim. Since my step-dad died I haven't been able to shoot but my mother told me she'll figure out how to set up my mount for me. My step-dad never showed my mother to set it up. I'll try to help her though.

Falcon