Sign in to follow this  
TSmoke

Video Card Setting

While sitting home from work recovering from shoulder surgery, I got bored. Was messing with the settings in the Nvidia Control Panel. Was just trying to get a nicer looking sim.

Well my settings in workshops are aircraft 5, Terrain 4, Scenery 3, Effects 5, Clouds 5. Card is a GTX460 1mb. Everything looks sweet except for one thing. I don't know what I changed in the control panel to cause this. When I hit an enemy A/C and they take damage that shows graphically, or I take damage that shows graphically the plane mine, or targets turns totally black ( see attached picture). This didn't happen until I messed with the Nvidia control panel.

I know if it ain't broke don't fix it. But boredom is driving me nuts. Any suggestions to cure above problem, short of shooting the messenger LOL.

Thanks in advance.

post-45938-0-76155000-1307399024.jpg

No idea - I have an ATI card. But next time you're bored, you better fly a mission instead.

I'm not an expert on OFF...but I had a problem EXACTLY like that with IL-2. I think it had something to do with the RAM, as I had an .EXE file that had a much larger memory capacity than the stock one. You might try and see what your RAM usage is when the error occurs. Once I used and .EXE with a smaller RAM usage limit, the error went away. Hope you can get it to work!

liamp51

You might try re-installing your nvidia driver, as that often resets everything back to default. Might not work but I don't think you have anything to do by trying.

Anyways thanks for the suggestions. Looks like uncleal is the winner. Point me in the right direction plus kick me in the ass for messing with stuff. Kinda like that once in awhile LOL. Not bored any longer either LOL.

With all the experimentation with one setting at a time, the game looks better and I got a bonus of an extra 10 FPS out of the deal.

Thanks all.

Hey, then all the messin' payd in the end! Congrats!