Sign in to follow this  
Adger

il2 1946 and UP3

Hi hope im not being disrespectful with this post,just thought id let you guys know about my other passion at the moment (besides OFF)

its il2 with the new ultrapack 3 and 1.10.1 patch the mod guys really have done a fantastic job,big mod though 6gig,anyone else out playing both sims aswell?:good:

Hi hope im not being disrespectful with this post,just thought id let you guys know about my other passion at the moment (besides OFF)

its il2 with the new ultrapack 3 and 1.10.1 patch the mod guys really have done a fantastic job,big mod though 6gig,anyone else out playing both sims aswell?:good:

Not playing OFF, but IL-2 with UP3! :drinks:

Gave up on 1946 about a year ago. Started with the original IL2 and have 2 copies of each addition including 1946. Some of the mods are fine, but until a decent campaign is made for it I'll continue to let it gather dust on my shelf. I dislike the multi-player aspect personally.

There are so many things that need tweaking that it maybe years down for me to install it again . At least it isn't the disaster that CLOD is and will continue to be for at least the near future.

Just my opinion.

I'm with Tsmoke on this one...yep, I have it installed...but the shortcut is rarely clicked on these days....and as for CLOD?....what a waste of time and money

Have to agree with WM and TS. I have about all the various editions of IL2 and while it's got better, the SP campaign is still a bit dry, and as another poster on another forum said, it has lots of planes/variants I don't much care to fly in places I don't much care to go (especially little/no RAF and limited NW Europe). For me, Complex Engine Management is a bore rather than a feature. Sniper AI gunners smash my reflector sight every time (even thru armoured glass) and if they somehow miss that it's my oil tank. Scenery popup and forest tile zig-zag is particularly dstracting, and I hate the conga line, dust-cloud takeoffs etc etc. Plus I got a fanboy Attack when I posted a lukewarm review - just a lukewarm one! - on Amazon. Not bad, just not that good.