Sign in to follow this  
Aqua

A little better graphics ? Please

Hello

where i can get the new Hitiles for Falcon 4 Allied Force ; i see the graphics are not good in F4AF ; specially the explosions and crashes. Also the Flares and Chaffs are so unrealistic !!!! Can anyone get me to better graphics for F4AF ???

Thanks in advace.

Do you not realize how old this game is?? Back in 1998, F4 was cutting edge. After the Allied Force makeover in 2005 it was still a great sim, but dated visually. Unless you've got the cash to fund updating this 13 year old sim, I think you might be barking up the wrong tree.

-S

You can still buy HiTiles from here http://www.hitiles.com/indexF4AF.htm

For skins look in the download section here or JANHAS has a website - check old threads on here for the link to his site.

Falcon 4.0 (AF etc) is still a great simulation that no other can match for F-16 fans like me.

DCS A-10C has fantastic graphics and is also hard core - so maybe one for you to try if you think the graphics matter that much.

Thanks Migbuster

Well yes i do have lots of simulator with superb graphics but same like you ; i am a Falcon fan, so want to stick to it :) ... anyways thanks for the reply.

cheers man

Do you not realize how old this game is?? Back in 1998, F4 was cutting edge. After the Allied Force makeover in 2005 it was still a great sim, but dated visually. Unless you've got the cash to fund updating this 13 year old sim, I think you might be barking up the wrong tree.

-S

Mate, even in 1998 the explosions were rubbish - the PC Gamer review said as much. Sure, the rest of the graphics were up there with the best, but not the explosions.

Regarding Hi-tiles, how does that stack up against Strike Fighter 2's graphics?

Theres no comparison - Falcon 4 is DX7 - even the hacked versions - SF series is DX10 so has unlimited potential - unfortunately the stock SF terrains somewhat lack - so to get it looking nice needed intervention:

SF2I

img00005-1.jpg

su7_1.jpg

Falcon AF with HiTiles:

2010-04-17_22_24_20.jpg

2008-05-06_22_30_32.jpg

Edited by MigBuster

I'm not seeing anyone mention FreeFalcon5.5.5!.....A nice stand alone community rework(with all due respect...Falcon4.0 was THE sim of choice way back when every thing else was an arcade GAME and did not even come close to realism!) of Falcon4.0!

Explosions and smoke from burning wreckage are alot better than current Falcon4.0AF.

Graphics are an improvement also....however,"eye candy" is nice to LOOK at,but, realism WITH some eye candy is priceless!

I would show some pics but,I have exceeded my global limit here!!....dang SF2 screenshot thread!!!...SO ADDICTIVE!!!! :good:

Look it up if ya want....i'm flyin' Vipers in Falcon4.0AF and all kinds of aircraft in FF5.5.5!

Falcon BMS is the latest Falcon version, with terrific graphics.

I recently downloaded BMS patched to 4.3.2, and I'm impressed!Very nice to look at and very realistic!

This sim is a must for Falcon fans!

Edited by viperBAT32