Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

The Phönix D.II is here

I uploaded the Phönix D.II last night. My thanks to ojcar once again for making the FM. And my thanks to all the readers of the Forums who helped me get the details right.

Ojcar has also made an FM for the D.IIa, which had a different engine. I will be uploading that plane as soon as soon as I finish making the new engine.

post-67404-0-75255200-1307629013.jpg

Well done mate..thanks for your lovely model and hard work, nice aircraft to fly..

Sockboy

Thank you for this unusual WW1 plane :drinks:

I truly love this plane! If you like this plane you'll love the DIIa. It's like this but in steroids!

I think this is the true force of First Eagles against any other WWI sim out there: We can fly any plane of any country, not only the France Front stuff. I specially dig the exotic planes, as the Austro-Hungarian ones.

Loborojo, ¡qué gusto hablar con otro madrileño por aquí!

The Phönix D.IIa has been uploaded. This required slight changes to the LOD files and the cockpit. Ojcar has made a new FM (the D.IIa was slightly more powerful than the D.II) and I made a slightly different skin and new decals, so this is a completely different plane. However, the skins are interchangeable and use the same templates.

I welcome your comments and constructive criticism.

Stephen 1918

post-67404-0-11395500-1307674864.jpg

Superb model, thank you Stephen, as for the Aviatik Berg D.1, you fill an important lack in Austro-Hungarian WW1's planes ! :good:

One comment ; in the PhoenixD2Cockpit.ini, just modify

GunsightName=Fokker_ironsite.tga

to

GunsightName=Fokker_ironsight.tga

for having the gun sight in the open view.

Thanks again, Stephen :cool:

Superb model, thank you Stephen, as for the Aviatik Berg D.1, you fill an important lack in Austro-Hungarian WW1's planes ! :good:

One comment ; in the PhoenixD2Cockpit.ini, just modify

GunsightName=Fokker_ironsite.tga

to

GunsightName=Fokker_ironsight.tga

for having the gun sight in the open view.

Thanks again, Stephen :cool:

That did not work for me. Did it work for you?

I've been trying to get the gunsights to appear since my first model, but obviously haven't been successful. Do I need to have something in the mesh for the TGA file to "stick" to? Can anyone help me with this?

That did not work for me. Did it work for you?

I've been trying to get the gunsights to appear since my first model, but obviously haven't been successful. Do I need to have something in the mesh for the TGA file to "stick" to? Can anyone help me with this?

That works for me ! :dunno:

And does it works if you use another default ironsight of the game like "SPAD13_ironsight.tga" ?

That works for me !

And does it works if you use another default ironsight of the game like "SPAD13_ironsight.tga" ?

Nope, still doesn't work for me. I even used the extract utility to check the .cat file to make sure I was spelling it correctly. I tried the SPAD13, the FOKKER, and the CAMEL sights. I tried it in all the graphics levels. Nothing. I'm using FE Gold, is it different from FE2?

No sights for me in FE Gold.....but sights are for girls anyway :rofl:

Edited by ojcar

Nope, still doesn't work for me. I even used the extract utility to check the .cat file to make sure I was spelling it correctly. I tried the SPAD13, the FOKKER, and the CAMEL sights. I tried it in all the graphics levels. Nothing. I'm using FE Gold, is it different from FE2?

I'm on FE Gold, too ; on my laptop and my PC and I haven't problems on both games.

My two installations are slightly different but I've upgraded both installation using "108 FE1 and/or FE2 FMs March 201" from Peter01, perhaps this may help you ?

I don't know. I have two installs, one with the Italy stuff and other with the France stuff, all of them with all Peter01 FMs (and some mine, all of mine are based in Peter01's works), and I don't have the reticle in the Phönix...

Not a big issue, these reticles were very primitive and "cosmetic" and the machine guns only useful at point-blank, so I usually open fier at 0.1 distance in game. So, reticle for what? (in my case)

Most excellent!! :drinks:

@Ojcar: JAJA yo no sabia que eras espanol pensaba que eras escoces o algo asi

Pues no, soy de Madrid. Me llamo Óscar. La hija de mi ex-novia me llamaba Ojcar (en Madrid mucha gente pronuncia la s como una j) y ese es mi nick

I still can't get the gunsights to work. I will make a point of checking the spelling in the data file to make sure they show up for those who use them.

Hi, been testing in FE 2. There are no decals showing and the gunsight issue. other than that, its a beauty.

Hi, been testing in FE 2. There are no decals showing and the gunsight issue. other than that, its a beauty.

Are you having trouble with the decals in the Phoenix? Which one?

I don't know what the problem could be. Has anyone else had problems with the decals in any of my planes?

(I am making my own and not using the national markings that come with First Eagles, so they should always show the same markings no matter what nation you choose.)

For FE2 the decal folder (D) needs to be placed in the aircraft's decal folder located in .../ Objects/ Decals/ Phonix D.II/ here or in a skin folder. What ever the Decal.INI calls for. If you dont have an / Objects/ Decals folder, create it. And make sure a folder with the aircrafts name is in it .

For FE2 if the decal folder is just left in the aircrafts main folder the decals wont work

For FE2 the decal folder (D) needs to be placed in the aircraft's decal folder located in .../ Objects/ Decals/ Phonix D.II/ here or in a skin folder. What ever the Decal.INI calls for. If you dont have an / Objects/ Decals folder, create it. And make sure a folder with the aircrafts name is in it .

For FE2 if the decal folder is just left in the aircrafts main folder the decals wont work

Thank you. So in future I should put the decal folder inside the skin folder?

In FE2 there is a seperate decal folder where you have a folder named the same as the aircraft then usualy a folder with the skin nam then a "D" folder where the decals are put.