Sign in to follow this  
eraser_tr

Word of Warning

A word of warning to fellow flight simmers.

Avoid ever buying anything from Aerosim or anyone else that uses a download and ordering service called RegNow. I'm trying to re download an old product I bought and they're being obnoxious as hell trying to keep me from having a product I bought and paid for. I've bought tons of addons for flight sims and so far, these are the only people giving me any trouble.

Usually its just a matter of some kind of order code as proof of purchase, or they'll even send you old order information to your email so you can access things with minimal hassle. Not with these people.

[/rant off]

hmmm... the same aerosoft that's publisher for Jet Thunder? No good...

mixed up publishers, sorry :blush:

thanks

Edited by Stary

That's been known to happen when the consumer deals directly with the software writer, in the interest of cutting out the middleman, thus saving a few bucks on the transaction.

I value my time and level of aggrevation, high enough that it pays for me to deal through a middleman

http://www.fspilotshop.com/index.php?cPath=2_70_73_76

I know that this clown is taking me to the cleaners, but that's all part of the game ( Rant Over )

I prefer dealing directly with the software writer. Plenty of distributors/major software companies have had problematic DRMs. My favorite one-man opearation, Third Wire, has had no DRM of any kind and you can re download the software at any time. If you lose your link, you can email him to get a reply with the same link. Now do I need to list all of the big names that charge you double what Third Wire does for a game and require you to have online access to not only activate but in some cases simply play the game? Aces High is a very small company and is extremely reliable with no DRM. The disaster known as StarForce was used in many major releases, never an independent developer. So, I would never claim adding middlemen is a benefit. Each company needs to be assessed individually regardless of size or reputation for EACH individual piece of software they release.

I prefer no DRM at all, but as long as Steam doesn't go out of business over the next 10 years, I don't mind their system either. If I actually believed that Steam would be available the way it is now for the rest of my life, I would even say it is the best way to go. Otherwise, any software that requires me to communicate with a server to activate an install will eventually be worthless when that server is no longer available.

Edited by streakeagle

Yeah, that'll suck a bit when (not if) Yuplay goes belly up. Oh wait... no it won't.

Edited by ZmelliFahrdz