Sign in to follow this  
tranquillo

OT - had enough

That's it.....had enough and just booked some late flights to Italy. Leaving tomorrow morning for 11 days of good wine, good food, great people, and relaxation. Bliss.

Will finaly sort my joystick out when I return.

Wish me Buon Viaggio chaps and I'll see you all when I'm refreshed.

Have a good time and if the weather is anything like here in Austria you are looking at gorgeous grey skies and thunderstorms be like being back in the mud... Seriously we are having great weather averaging 25C since April... and skies so blue... :drinks:

Have a good time and if the weather is anything like here in Austria you are looking at gorgeous grey skies and thunderstorms be like being back in the mud... Seriously we are having great weather averaging 25C since April... and skies so blue... :drinks:

That's warm for Austria this time of year, isn't it? It will be nice if the weather's good but it's the break more than anything at the moment. Just need to chill out by the pool with a cold beer or 2.

Buon viaggio, tranquillo, e spaghetti, pizza e vino perfette!

I hope that makes sense - never learnt Italian.

I wish you sunny weather - let your souls dangle for a while!

A postcard would be nice! Have fun!

Buon viaggio, tranquillo, e spaghetti, pizza e vino perfette!

I hope that makes sense - never learnt Italian.

I wish you sunny weather - let your souls dangle for a while!

A postcard would be nice! Have fun!

Grazie, Olham. I understood you perfectly. Proverò a trasmettere una cartolina. Una buona idea.

Ciao tutti.

nibble a noodle for all of us pls......great time of year...not crowded yet...have a ball!

In the time-honoured tradition of holiday postcards this one has arrived after my return.

postcard.jpg

pcard.jpg

Italy is a beautiful country. I was there for a few days last summer.

Lake Trasimeno? Did you see the ghost of Hannibal and his elephants there? :grin:

Lake Trasimeno? Did you see the ghost of Hannibal and his elephants there? :grin:

No, but I think the inhabitants of Isola Magiore must have got a great view of the battle from the top - splendid view.

Thanks for the post card. I hope you are are having a wonderful time! How is the pizza? I heard it is to die for.

Cheers, tranquillo! You lucky blighter, you: knowing people in Italy! I envy you! (But in a friendly way) :bye:

Edited by Olham

Thanks for the post card. I hope you are are having a wonderful time! How is the pizza? I heard it is to die for.

The pizza is great - much better than yucky deep-pan stuff - especially when cooked in traditional pizza ovens. Found a place that offers over 40 different toppings and all the ones I've had there are excellent. Trouble is that it is so popular you need to book early and turning up on the off chance of a table being available ofeten ends in disappointment.

Olham, I know I am a lucky blighter and it has just been circumstances/fate that have made it so. It also helps to have family there :grin:.

I grant all that to you, tranquillo, really. Such a break must be lifting one's spirits.

I haven't realised my vague plan of travelling to Flanders this year - all my extra money

went into the computer upgrade (but it was worth it!). So maybe next year I'll finally do it,

before I'm getting too old (I'll go there by bicycle, with a tent and camping stuff!)

Edited by Olham

Tranquillo, you lucky bugger you, what a fine vacation you must have had! I would dearly love a few weeks to kick around such beauty spots. And thanks for the postcard. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

I grant all that to you, tranquillo, really. Such a break must be lifting one's spirits.

I haven't realised my vague plan of travelling to Flanders this year - all my extra money

went into the computer upgrade (but it was worth it!). So maybe next year I'll finally do it,

before I'm getting too old (I'll go there by bicycle, with a tent and camping stuff!)

If you do get too old, don't forget to take your walking stick to Flanders. You can use it drive off annoying young people if they happen to come too close to your tent. :grin:

I must make a new trip to Italy some day. It's truly a beautiful country, the food and drink are great, and you can practically walk among ancient history there.