Sign in to follow this  
dtmdragon

A-4 Skyhawk IRM weapon rails

Hay guys,

Does anyone know where the texture skins for the A-4 IRMrails are? I know they are not in the individual texture folders like the droptanks are but I believe they are a node of the aircrafts model like the droptanks. Does anyone know the game handles the rails, where the texture is and what they are called?

Cheers,

Dan.

Edited by dtmdragon

I'd guess on the wing, but you can confirm by using the panel finder bmp (it's in the 1stGen downloads somewhere in either skins or templates

wrench

kevin stein

edit: if you can't find it, use this. convert to bmp, and rename to the skin bmps name.

Edited by Wrench

That’s what I thought to so I repainted every singlet exture (eg A-4F_body, A-4F_RightWing...) in one of the texture files a different colour but the rail still appearedcorrectly coloured in the game.

I'd guess on the wing, but you can confirm by using the panel finder bmp (it's in the 1stGen downloads somewhere in either skins or templates

wrench

kevin stein

edit: if you can't find it, use this. convert to bmp, and rename to the skin bmps name.

Edited by dtmdragon

Dan they are not mapped on any of the Shyhawk .bmp texture files in SF2 series. They are on the SF1 series textures. In SF2 series the outboard and inner wing pylons are only mapped once as well where in SF1 series the the pylons are both mapped as left and right. Yet some of the A-4h's can have rails on both inboard and out board wing pylpns.

I believe that they are included in the "lod" files which we are not suppost to edit. I thought when I stated skinning in SF2 series that the rails maybe able to modded but so far all my attempts have not worked.

What we need and I am not a 3d person, is a Single IR rail, like the TER, MER and 2IR. Then we could add them anywhere we wanted.

James Fox

Hay guys,

Does anyone know where the texture skins for the A-4 IRMrails are? I know they are not in the individual texture folders like the droptanks are but I believe they are a node of the aircrafts model like the droptanks. Does anyone know the game handles the rails, where the texture is and what they are called?

Cheers,

Dan.

What you need is a file called 'missile_rail.bmp'. It is in ObjectData001.cat.

Edited by Blade

Thats what I am after! Thanks :drinks:

What you need is a file called 'missile_rail.bmp'. It is in ObjectData001.cat.