Sign in to follow this  
Aqua

enemy not displaying on radar

The enemy fighter is in front of me but it is not appearing on my radar; i can only see the alarm on TWS display ;

I tried changing radar azimuth scan and elevation ; but no effect ; lastly i have to see him on padlock view ; its so disturbing b/c you cannot fight what you can;t see ???? anybody have a solution.

thanks

Aqua

Edited by Aqua

The radar generally works ok - the bandit has to be in the sweep though. Your solution is getting the hell out of there and regaining some SA or help from other assets - remember there could be a missile coming at you already.

Any idea what range and altitude was the bandit at? - it is basically out of your sweep - or you are not letting it sweep long enough to get a return at a particular angle.

TWS is a radar mode - do you mean you can see him on the RWR scope?

The scan is limited, RWS and TWS modes are not very useful if the bandit is within 10 miles - because they are too slow - even after you move the antenna you need to wait for the return which will take a few sweeps - also the bandit can get above or below of the sweep at close range - in that case try to use the 60 ACM sub mode and scan for him visually - note this only applies to training modes where bandits don't have missiles.

yea sorry i mean RWR display, May be you are right. Dog fight mode i already pratice and know well now, but if a bandit is more than 20 miles away i should see him on radar to obtain a lock and shoot.

anyways thanks

If you're getting close, switch to dogfight mode and use one of the auto aquisition modes like boresight to lock him up, especially if you can already padlock him. It's not ideal, but it gives you something.