Sign in to follow this  
Pips

Shakes His Head In Disbelief

I don't believe it. I truly don't believe it. :shok:

Over at the ROF SimHQ forum those guys have really lost all perspective of the game. There's a thread there where they actually think that the new 'beta' campaign is on a par with OFF's. The mind boggles. :fool:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3318149/1.html

Don't get me wrong. ROF does some things very well, even better than OFF. And I do enjoy flying the aircraft - in multiplayer. But to compare OFF's classicly accurate and detailed campaign against the simplistic ROF Beta is nothing but absurd.

Edited by Pips

There is no comparison...

Even Pat Wilson's RoF Campaign a 3d party Campaign Generator is better than the beta at the moment!

How on earth can you put in comparision a so early WiP anyway... :dntknw:

Edited by elephant

I truly love OFF i really do but i have to agree with some points made,the campaign mode in OFF is second to none,its probably the most immersive world in any sim that ive played

however i do like the flying aspect of ROF,somehow it just feels right.the graphics are great,sound is excellent,and the frame rates you get are actually more than double of what i get in OFF.

(CFS3) engine maybe someone could put me right on that.However i still spend more time on OFF than any other sim.The campaign mode on ROF is a joke compared to OFF,there also asking

you for more money for each aircraft you buy,and field mods!!! Whats that all about.theve both got good and bad points,why not get both and try em,but if i had one choice only it would be OFF every single time

ADGER OVER AND OUT.:heat:

You compare yourself with what/whom you admire.

Why do I get the sinking feeling that yet another OFF/RoF "comparison" thread is gonna' end up getting locked down??

C'mon chaps......let's behave ourselves, save 'em the trouble and just let this one die.

:drinks:

Parky

Well, this was only an "OFF Forum Pilots" vs "RoF Forum Flyers" comparison.

Pips, we have already had a thread recently ("Soooo much better here") which made clear,

that the OFF Forum with it's decent manners is a rarity. Not the fault of the "other sim".

Let's enjoy it.

Edited by Olham

Good idea Parky - for the sake of good order closed :)