Sign in to follow this  
Shiloh

OT - Happy Father's Day

I want to take a moment to recognize all the dads out here and wish them a very Happy Father's Day! :drinks:

Enjoy your families and take a moment to reflect on what's really important in your lives. And if you want to fly OFF go for it - this is your day and nobody can tell you what to do! :grin:

Edited by Shiloh

Amen to that m8...I was hoping for a special fathers day Fishing trip allowance...but sadly...the weather was foul!....I now have one in the bank so to speak! :grin:

Hope you had a good 'un

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

I had a great Father's Day Widow thank you and you'll be out there casting before you know it! It's funny you mentioned fishing as part of my Father's Day festivities was pulling a fishhook out of my neighbors' hand with a set of needle-nose pliers. :heat:

Ouch!...the very reason I use Barbless hooks!

Thanks for the Happy Father's Day wishes Shiloh, mine was excellent. I was up early and flew several successful missions with 24 RFC in my trusty DH2, following which my two daughters stopped by and took me out to breakfast. Shortly thereafter I took a nap on the couch; then I woke up and watched "Sahara". Later, my lovely wife fixed me a wonderful supper, and after that we went for a walk down by the river. Came back home and watched a couple of "Law and Order" episodes, and by then it was just about time to call it a day. But not before reading a chapter of "Open Cockpit". A good day indeed.

Ouch!...the very reason I use Barbless hooks!

A wise decision my friend - it was not a pretty site. :blink:

Thanks for the Happy Father's Day wishes Shiloh, mine was excellent. I was up early and flew several successful missions with 24 RFC in my trusty DH2, following which my two daughters stopped by and took me out to breakfast. Shortly thereafter I took a nap on the couch; then I woke up and watched "Sahara". Later, my lovely wife fixed me a wonderful supper, and after that we went for a walk down by the river. Came back home and watched a couple of "Law and Order" episodes, and by then it was just about time to call it a day. But not before reading a chapter of "Open Cockpit". A good day indeed.

That sounds like a most perfect day Lou. Other than the fishhook I went for a scenic drive with my wife and kids in the mountains, watched U.S. Open golf, read a few chapters of "The Friendless Sky", took a nap, flew 2 missions and drank a few cups of hot tea in the "I Love Daddy" mug my kids got for me, then a few brews and a relaxing night on the couch. I wish every day could be that way. :happy:

Edited by Shiloh