thereg

Individual speech packs for different nations

The IL-2/1946 has some nice speechs, like italians, germany, japanese among others. Could´m be converted to SFP?

The IL-2/1946 has some nice speechs, like italians, germany, japanese among others. Could´m be converted to SFP?

Copyright issues?

one day when im bored, im gonna go through and re-record all the speech for one voice..... and add some emotion/life to them.

Copyright issues?

That´s a problem indeed. Some of IL-2´s speeches are users made, wich´s much more easy to get the authorization.

Don't work in fully merged SF2 with NOV patch.

I'm using Gramp's Russian and the RAF WW2 speech pack in a merged SF2E, SF2I, SF2V, with Expansion Packs 1& 2, patched to Nov 11. I installed the speech packs in my Korean War mod folder and they work like a charm using these instructions. dntknw.gif

Who else is willing to do an American speech pack? I'm more then willing to portray certain parts of it. To be honest, we need more then one voice (especially Slim Pickens) for the main speech pack.

I forgot how the speech is setup and im not at my home, so, tomorrow when I get a chance, I’ll go zipping into the SF2 CAT files.

Im pretty sure there are "filenames+event+number.wav" (xxxxtaxi001.wav or something like that) for each "Identifying" voice in the speech CAT.

Any one that wants to re-record mearly has to open the wavs, play it, open another window (using Audacity for example)

Use a Headset Mic, and say the original phrase, save wav in the same format (xx-Bit, xxKHz, Mono/Stero) etc.

Last time I looked in the WoI files… it was A LOT of re-recording per voice.

I dunno bout ya’ll but I might throw in some more emotional comments. Lol…

If only there was a way to ADD more dialog for random events ( you know the stupid crap from Top Gun. )

There's one already out there: http://combatace.com...fg1wmspeechrar/

I've gotta say that I have been using this speech pack for months now and it is REALLY GOOD it's a huge improvement.........I think it has slipped under the radar for most guys because it was only released for SF1, but it works exactly the same for SF2

It replaces all the wingman, flight1, and flight2 radio calls.....no more Slim Pickins

If someone could redo the Departure and Approach controllers then our radio problems would be a thing of the past :good:

I might be able to redo the ATC ones using our recorders here and the simulator. I just need to talk to some of our ex USAF guys to get the phraseology right. The game is pretty good but they say some odd stuff.

There's one already out there: http://combatace.com...fg1wmspeechrar/

You do have a problem if you use this one in combination with the expanded wingman calls mod that calls out the leader, who's calling, enemy direction and height, etc. When you use them in combination the game switches back and forth between Thirdwire voices and mod voices all in one radio call. It's too bad, because it is a great sounding speech mod.

Edited by Heck

What British/German speech packs are people using?

They are found in the Gen 1 downloads section.

German http://combatace.com/files/file/8025-german-speech-pack-beta/

British http://combatace.com/files/file/5533-ww2-raf-speech-pack-v10/

Neither is complete (you still get some original voices come in) and the British is WW2, but they are cool to use for now.

Yep, that's the way I did it exactly... /mods/speech/Gramps Russian Speeck Pack

No idea if it would work in SF1, sorry.

Hi,

I have SF2V and try to reuse the Vietnamese speech files from Charlie's Angels mod for SF1V and put in the folder .../Strike Fighter 2 Vietnam/Vmods/Vietnamese Speech. Now Vietnam National anthem plays when I choose to fly VPAF aircraft, however, I still get American voices when flying. Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.

Vietace

Hi,

I have SF2V and try to reuse the Vietnamese speech files from Charlie's Angels mod for SF1V and put in the folder .../Strike Fighter 2 Vietnam/Vmods/Vietnamese Speech. Now Vietnam National anthem plays when I choose to fly VPAF aircraft, however, I still get American voices when flying. Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.

Vietace

Hmmm - pretty sure the speech files must go in:

........\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam\Speech

Edited by MigBuster

Hmmm - pretty sure the speech files must go in:

........\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam\Speech

Thanks. I found another solution to individual speech pack is to use the Catpack tool here My link also in CA. I repack the Vietnamese speech file folder to VietnameseSpeech.cat file and it works now.

Hi,

Thank you.

Vietace

Can anyone point me to the mod mentioned here? Just spent a couple hours combing the SF1 D'loads section and...nuthin'. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Look on CheckSix; it's part of a WoV mod. Some of the links are broken, but at least the part with the speech pack isn't.

I'm looking at putting the VPAF speech pack in the CA Realism Pack. Since the guy who did the Charlie mod isn't part of the CA licensing agreement, I need to get the guy's contact info and ask for permission.

Look on CheckSix; it's part of a WoV mod. Some of the links are broken, but at least the part with the speech pack isn't.

I'm looking at putting the VPAF speech pack in the CA Realism Pack. Since the guy who did the Charlie mod isn't part of the CA licensing agreement, I need to get the guy's contact info and ask for permission.

HomeFries, thanks for the quick response; however from where I sit it seems all the links are broken except for the patch(correctif). It is actually Charlie's Aces, isn't it? I've just been all over CheckSix, and as I said, 5 out of 6 links to that mod are broken (webpage cannot be found). If you found a working link, any chance you could hook me up? :blind:

I've been using the WMSpeech, Russian, German, and British speech packs for quite a while now, and they're great. Don't get rid of the ATC guy, though. He always sounds so happy to see me. "Rrrrambler one, radaaaar contact!"

I wonder if there's any way around the current limitations, like having different speech packs loaded at once for international operations, or at least having distinct voices for the player's wingmen as opposed to the other NPC flights. That would really help with immersion as well as situational awareness.

As for a Japanese speech pack, I do a monthly military-related radio show with some guys over here, one of whom plays Strike Fighters (and who already did a bunch of awesome skins for us). I can't promise anything, but I *might* (might!) be able to convince them to collaborate on a recording session. Google-chan can be our Red Crown, like SidDogg suggested. However, I know very little about sound editing, so even if this were to happen, getting the wavs to sound like crackly radio calls is a completely different story.

well get the japanese speech files down, and i remember someone did a mod putting crackles and such in the files for the E-2 controller on Valium (Oyster 1, we're going down. yeah imagine that one for a laugh). the main prob likely right now in community is native japanese speaker, not editing capability.

• Like 1

I have a static loop I could insert into the files. I was actually working on a Hawkeye voice mod before SZ beat me to the punch (albeit with better quality).