thereg

Individual speech packs for different nations

WhiteBoySamurai, I´ll pray for you. A Japanese speech pack is one of the most important things for a immersive Pacific WWII scenario. Don´t give up! :good:

You know what would be a huge help for anyone planning to make a speech pack? A text file list of every line of speech that needs to be recorded along with the name of the matching wav file. Having to listen to and take notes on around 500 clips will have most people just say "to hell with this" before they even start translating or recording.

I have a static loop I could insert into the files. I was actually working on a Hawkeye voice mod before SZ beat me to the punch (albeit with better quality).

Try a program called 'audacity' it allows you to do anything to an audio file.....including running it through filters and compressors which gives you that staticky on the air sound

I actually tried this once by leaving my HUD tape on the whole time during a solo flight. I then went out to the area and practiced several manuvers while making appropriate calls to be recorded on the HUD tape. Example would be me calling 'Defensive!' while pulling 5Gs, etc. So authentic...real aircraft background noise, real helmet/oxygen mask/embedded mic, real Gs and G strain.

Sounded like crap.

Gave up on the project.

FC

You know what would be a huge help for anyone planning to make a speech pack? A text file list of every line of speech that needs to be recorded along with the name of the matching wav file. Having to listen to and take notes on around 500 clips will have most people just say "to hell with this" before they even start translating or recording.

If you look in the download for my WW2 British speechpack, you will see a spreadsheet file that contains all of that information for the TW speech files, cross-referenced against the name of the wav file. So it's already been done.

And yes, listening to and taking notes on the 500 or so sound clips was exactly how I did it. . . :blink:

Slainthe!

Baltika

Edited by Baltika

Well, I've just about finished adapting the RAF files from IL 2 DBW.

It's releasable now (still has parts I'm not happy with) but, as previous people have said, there may be issues with making it available here. As far as I know, the files are just resamples of the original game versions, and even though SAS.com has a very loose copyright policy, I wouldn't want to get myself in trouble.

Any thoughts?

I get no download. The link is no good - 403 - Forbidden

Same here

Fantastic pack! I tried a G-91 PAN fly "talking" in italian with wingman .....

why don't upload it here at CA?

With Vietnamese too taken at C6 put the game a step up ....

@ Jon : we need some scandinavian too ....

I get no download. The link is no good - 403 - Forbidden

Seems to be broken for me too, and I uploaded the damn thing. It has 11 downloads since I put it up, so it could be affecting only certain regions. I'll have a look when my Astrill proxy comes back on.

Fantastic pack! I tried a G-91 PAN fly "talking" in italian with wingman .....

why don't upload it here at CA?

With Vietnamese too taken at C6 put the game a step up ....

I was a bit unsure as to whether admins would be ok with where the originals came from, especially the Arabic part, which I can't credit to anyone due to not having a clue where I got it from (was sitting on my HD quite a while before I got around to using it).

I was a bit unsure as to whether admins would be ok with where the originals came from, especially the Arabic part, which I can't credit to anyone due to not having a clue where I got it from (was sitting on my HD quite a while before I got around to using it).

.... ask them. :biggrin:

I can confirm the download works for UK and US locations, but not Netherlands or my home in NZ. So it's definitely a regional block of some sort. I'll upload to here then.

Now if there's a way for the controllers, and other assets, to call MY callsign instead of randomly selected calls (ie, "Teargas1-1, you're leaving my airspace", instead of Oyster1) that would grab my attention a bit more better don't ya think? I'm sure it would be alot of work to set my flight with a static name and voice, and yet keep all other flights random. That would be very cool though...

I tried recruting voice actors who went sent the package with files they are to record over, instructions and so on _never_ does any work whatsoever. Quite mad at that actually.

And that is just the Swedish ones.

Might yell at them a little bit more, or try getting new ones. Finnish could be ripped from Il-2 if anybody is feeling up for it - but Norwegian and Danish is going to be a pain and prob not done at all.

If you ask Nesher a member here,He might be able to help with the Israeli voices.He was in the IDF.

Excellent initiative sadly i cant fix this for the WOE, due tried this method but its not working... and btw i can support you with USA, UK, RU, GER & Chiness that i found here long ago and an arab created by myslef ofc it doesnt say what the real comm say but i managed to make it fun for a realistic ambient only for fun, and its pretty cool. Ill upload my entire MOD called Sky-Fighters v1.5 on youtube some of these next days. Its finished and for now i have about 65 different aircraft but 80 including so its quite hot. I maded amazing effects, for all specs and a standard config. This work costed me about 2 years but will be my great gift to the community as part of it due lot of guys from here helped me out on this project with their basic aircrafts. So i worked very hard on speed real accurates, engines, effects & enhancing modeling, clouds and terrains + loadouts for making it perfect. And added some good music bands plus entire weapon systems from countries, enhanced AI response on flights and i think it promises a lot. The only problem is i always played only WOE, as a standalone and i learned that also u can play on Vietnam with FAC missions and take off from Carriers. So its quite interesting, to helping you out and we can progress in making maybe a big enhancement to the game, i had a lot of requests from this Mod on my city and some from another countries, USA, Puerto Rico, Chile, Iran, Turkey & Sweden. But only few guys 1 or 2 from each country but its a good start so im searching for any support on this due the only issue i have is that i cant auto-change languages and must be changed manually. This really sucks and i would love to see it working automated so i can help you out sending you those folders so you can use em, and maybe on future u guys can help me out there. Cause its really hard to work alone on a such big project... but so satisfactory when you finish... i had it finished already but it will still being improved for future versions... v1.6, 1.7 etc. Whenever i can il upload it for you! I would love to see it played by friends on network mode (i already did with my brothers and friends and its quite funny) so anyone who help out always will have the full credits and right on this, and im so happy to see here many modders maybe some haver betters mods thanme but im so happy to see pro guys working for that common purpose!!! Gratz! and the best of luck for all you :D

Edited by Krizeagle

Defintely interesting!  Upload it here to CA! An arabic speech mod would be most welcome!