Sign in to follow this  

Hey guys! Firstly I just want to announce I'm new here and I'm not all that experienced with this game at this point lol!

Secondly...Whenever I want to use the unpowered "Walleye's" and "Paveways" and "Hobo's", the screen displays the target and the reticle on it, but when I release the bombs, they just fall to the ground...

I've tried releasing from different altitudes and distances...but to no avail. For the paveway, I do have the Pave spike equipped...so I have no clue!

Thirdly...Somewhere in the manual i read that you can fire the paveway without a pavespike at primary targets ONLY, but how do I lock on to these?! When i release the bomb, it wont...you know...release! Is there something i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance guys!

welcome to Combat ace man!

when i fire paveways, I always dive in 20-30°, in 5-8 km to the target, and after i drop him i keep flying to the target for some seconds. others members can explain correctly how you can do it but you can try what i said.

good luck!

yeah, maybe I should try that as well! I just came back from a mission with some A-7E's...with Walleye's...and guess...they fell like dumb-bombs! :( lol

There's even a crosshair on the HUD which tracks the target, but the bombs do not, for the love of christ, follow them!blink.gif

BTW: Thanks for your advice man! Let me try and see if it works

Edited by GodsLt

Could you describe in detail how far you are from the target when you release the bomb, what speed you have and at what angel you release it.

mmm...lets see...

I'm always inside 3nm, and just recently I started a dive to keep the target in my sights, at least for the Walleye's.

For the paveways, I use the spike, but sometimes it does not follow it for some reason.

Could you describe in detail how far you are from the target when you release the bomb, what speed you have and at what angel you release it.

angels= angle?rofl.gifjk.gif

and what is your altitude

Edited by cadeteBRA

angels= angle?rofl.gifjk.gif

and what is your altitude

Ops my misstake :) You are right sir.

Umm...I think I just found out my mistake....I was launching too close near the ground, 1 or 2,000 feet AGL....and right now I tried going up to about 6,000 feet, slowing down and diving at a 25-35 angle...to keep the target in my sights. I managed to hit one tank and near-miss another, probably due to random accuracy variation in-game lol. The near miss was like 6 feet away from the tank....no idea why the blast didn't get it...but oh well.

good news!

and this "near miss" is rare, but occurs even in real life.

Thanks for your helps guys! I just finished some further testing, and it is apparent, that if you're going to slow, the bomb won't follow...so right now, i'm trying to launch at over 350kn just incase lol. I launched at 280kn and nothing happened, but launched at 400 and the bomb followed the plan perfectly. It even overtook me when I relased the airbrake and cut the throttle. It was a wonderful sight! lol

Try 5nm - 6nm out from 10000ft normally works for me around 80% of the time... if not better...

Try 5nm - 6nm out from 10000ft normally works for me around 80% of the time... if not better...

same here i at any speed the bomb need altitude and time to glide in to the target since it does have any type of engine to power manuveres

As an overall observation, most of the "combat" in the TW takes place at relatively low altitude. I try to keep it at more realistic altitudes and will ingress at 20K+ and do my PGM bombing from that altitude. That gives plenty of time and alt for the bomb to acquire and guide, plus gives the advantage of limiting my time down in the enemy's WEZ (weapon engagement zone). If I have to strafe, then of course I'll drop in low, but will zoom back high before returning for a second pass, if necessary.

Good luck!

-S

Thanks for the replies guys! So far, I've had much success thanks to all your tips, with some-times bombs acting stupid...lol like missing a tank by 6-7 feet...but anyways.

Thanks again for your help guys!

However I do have one last question, and I apologize for all the trouble lol!

How do I relase paveways on a primary target WITHOUT a laser designator pod on-board?

Thank you!

You have to use the magic e key to target the primary target first. The red box should be on the target and then you get in range and all that and just release.

You have to use the magic e key to target the primary target first. The red box should be on the target and then you get in range and all that and just release.

Is it that easy?

Dang....i'm a moron lol

Thanks!

And of course.......................PRACTICE......PRACTICE......PRACTICE......PRACTICE.......etc...... :grin:

Well....I am a moron :( I can't relase the paveways without a designator! Even when the red square shows a primary target....I have to be doing something wrong lol...

Anyways, thanks for the help so far!