Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

RFC Pilot Stranded

Just mucking about in CS3 :grin:

Looks like a picture from a nightmare - lost landing in no man's land.

That reminds me of that strange WW1 animation film someone had once posted.

Does anyone remember what it's title was, or even where to find it?

there was that weird B-17 one

It could be the opening shot to a Twilight Zone episode.

Lt. Charles Lawton took of for a patrol on a rainy April day in 1917 - a day just like any other over France or so it seemed. He got separated from his flight in heavy fog and was forced to land in a muddy field. This was no ordinary field however - he had in fact landed in the Twilight Zone.

Lt. Charles Lawton took of for a patrol on a rainy April day in 1917 - a day just like any other over France or so it seemed. He got separated from his flight in heavy fog and was forced to land in a muddy field. This was no ordinary field however - he had in fact landed in the Twilight Zone.

hahahaha....brilliant! :lol:

Whoa, for a minute there I thought such an episode exists! actually that could be a great theme for a Twilight Zone episode. Hun-Zombies emerging from the trenches, etc.

Hun officer 1: "Vy muszt vee alvays play der dark rolez?"

Bordeauxred Baron: "Becozz vee can play zem vizz moszt style! Mmuahahahahahaaaaa!!!!"

Edited by Olham

Looking at the way the pilot's feet look stuck in the mud, and imagining that Michael Palin could be lurking in that Camel's cockpit, my caption tor this one, would be:

'Right, I'm gonna have to shoot you now, Archie' [pun intended]

What am I talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MLYRVvzp_8&feature=related

Very evocative WM. Considering the pilot though, how much more contentious if that machine had been a Nieuport 17 with the Lewis gun missing :grin:

What would be even creepier would be for him to find shelter in an Allied trench, where he is able to call his squadron while staying with the Tommies manning it. And he later finds out are are all dead from a recent gas attack.

Great picture UK_WM. It is now my new windows desktop background!

Great picture UK_WM. It is now my new windows desktop background!

Thank you Scout....glad you liked it :drinks:

Very evocative WM. Considering the pilot though, how much more contentious if that machine had been a Nieuport 17 with the Lewis gun missing :grin:

Thanks Dej...that was the effect I was trying to achieve...a sort of "SH*T......Now what am I going to do" :drinks:

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call the Twilight Zone."

It's really rather an unnerving image, WM. Well done!