Sign in to follow this  
Wayfarer

Scheduled Shelling?

Just out of interest really, does anyone know if occurrences of ground shelling are all predetermined, like AI aircraft missions? They seem to me to mostly become visible once I am within a certain distance from the front. I didn't know if this was essentially similar to the terrain detail increasing as you get closer, and that shelling is effectively 'occurring' whether I can see it or not, or whether the actual occurrence is linked to player aircraft proximity.

Don't know, but when I flew in early or late darkness I could see it from high up, and pretty far from me.

And it definitely follows the historical patterns.

Edited by Olham

It occurs at places across the front, you can often see it right into the distance in areas lighting up. Also you should see more around major battles /offensives. Also maybe bump up the effects sliders to make sure you see all things.

Just out of interest really, does anyone know if occurrences of ground shelling are all predetermined, like AI aircraft missions? They seem to me to mostly become visible once I am within a certain distance from the front. I didn't know if this was essentially similar to the terrain detail increasing as you get closer, and that shelling is effectively 'occurring' whether I can see it or not, or whether the actual occurrence is linked to player aircraft proximity.

Its geared to actual war activity....

WM

It occurs at places across the front, you can often see it right into the distance in areas lighting up. Also you should see more around major battles /offensives. Also maybe bump up the effects sliders to make sure you see all things.

I certainly noticed the density go up once the Battle of the Somme started. That's what prompted the query really.