Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

Iranian F-4 and IL-76 mid air back in 09'

yeah well if you listen to it right at the point of impact schitt is said the same in farsi as in english it seems

The one thing that all pilots, regardless of nationality, language or form of service, say when something really goes wrong: "Ah s**t."

I remember seeing this a while ago but at the time there was no explanation of what dropped the Il-76. Was it an F-5? Or was it Saeqeh or a Azarakhsh?

Hey there guys.

Yeah, it was an F-5 hitting an Il-76 in a parade commemorating the beginning of the Iran-Iraq war. And the guy in the movie doesn't say "s**t". He asks "Chie?" which is the informal form of "What is it?" in Persian.

And this whole thing was censored in Iran itself and none of the "official" news agencies, including the IRIB (the propaganda machine of the Islamic Republic), reported the event.

yes it was.... after the mid air collision with (supposedly) F-5 the radar dome broke off, and cut the rear fuselage in half, you can clearly see whole tailsetion missing. It was on the net some time ago when vid leaked. Reports are that crew of 7 onboard died.

the planes were heding to military parade display, that's why the low level flight

Yeah, I remember hearing about it on the news because in the days beforehand, Iran was posturing big about something. I know it was a prominent story here in the news. Then this happened. Never realised it was the actual AWACS plane they were restoring and it was never reported as a mid-air collision here as far as I recall.

The A-50 is Russia's version. Other countries have taken the 76 and made their own conversions which have nothing to do with Beriev and are therefore not A-50s.

Sort of like Israel's 707 AWACS isn't an E-3 because it uses Phalcon radar and not the rotodome on top.

The Simorgh was originally the Iraqi AWACS wasn't it? Baghdad or something?

same