Sign in to follow this  
tofke

sight circle problem

Hi Gentlemen,

i have a big problem with OFF, never seen before

my sight circle is blocked at the down and right of the screen instead to be in the middle of the screen

it's difficult for me to explain cause english is not my language, so i take 2 screenshots

sansre3lu.jpg

and another one at 0 mph

sansre2rc.jpg

i check my t-flight joystick with "lock on" and "Falcon" and all is right

i recheck the OFF keys and i cant find the problem, all looks right

this problem affect all aircraft in the game

my notebook is an Asus g73JW, 6 go, I5, nvidia GTX460M with 1,5go, i'm running with windows Seven 64

thanks for help

Tofke

Edited by tofke

Perhaps it has to do with your screen size.

I guess it is 4:3, so check in "Workshop" if it is set to 4:3 (on the left side).

Also make sure you have chosen the right screen resolution of your notebook.

You find that in "Workshop", "Graphics Config", "File", "Change display options".

That's all I can think of. I hope it will help you.

Hmmm,

Actually, I'm pretty sure he's got a 17.3" 16:9 1080p (1920x1080) widescreen there. If that's the case, he should go to Workshops, click on "Graphics Config", then click on "File" and choose "Change Display Options". Then choose "Select Resolution" and in the dropdown menu, set his resolution to 1920X1080X32....click on "OK", then select "File" then "Exit".

Once back in Workshops, he should set Aspect Widescreen to 16:10 Wide.

Would probably be a good idea to have his desktop resolution set to 1920X1080 as well.

That may help unless there's something else out of whack. The only other thing I can think of would be a scaling issue. He nay have an option to override native scaling through the Nvidia Control Panel. Not sure if it'll be available to him though.

Cheers,

Parky

Edited by Parky

hi,

first of all thanks for reply, my resolution is 1600x900 32 (i played like this with OFF since 1 year)

as i said other game like "falcon" or "lock on" runs perfectly with the same resolution

dont understand what's going wrong with my gunsight

i check my graphics options, my keyboard layout and my thrumaster, but nothing is wrong

1 week ago, all runs good

Help please this problem kill my game

best regards

Tofke

When it worked alright 1 week ago - what did you change after that week?

Sounds like you pressed F6 to go to another cockpit view (which you can't see as you turned off the cockpit with F3).

Try pressing F3 and check what you are looking at first, and press F6 (each press cycles through the available views) to get to the normal Pilot forward view /seat.

Pol,

This is precisely why we pay you the big bucks......:)

Cheers,

Parky

Lol if it works you mean Parky but thanks ;)

Hear that, Parky? He didn't deny it! :grin:

To back up Polovski here - not that he needs it - his thought is right on.

Back in my early off days I tried that view a couple of times and, without the cockpit visible as a reference, you think the sight is way off but it is because of the way (pilot line of sight) you are looking.

It is especially bad if you try that view with a TrackIR - with no reference it is very easy to get wonky.

Hear that, Parky? He didn't deny it! :grin:

He obviously realizes that would be a futile denial. Particularly if you've seen the picture of his new Lamborghini that recently surfaced...

polscar.jpg

:grin:

Edited by Parky

Parky wouldn't be implying that Pol moonlights as the STIG in the show Top Gear, would he?

Hi,

pressing F3 and F6 dont resolve my problem, i try fuel gauges view, pilot view, ironsight view, my gunsight still blocked

So Pol you can use "teamviewer" to take control of my pc and play a quick battle to see the problem

tell me if you want to give a try

thanks gentlemens

best regards

Tofke

He obviously realizes that would be a futile denial. Particularly if you've seen the picture of his new Lamborghini that recently surfaced...

polscar.jpg

:grin:

Ooooh! Nice. So that's what they use F-117 leftovers for.

Edited by Dej

Last Chance and a bit of a Desperate move, in Workshop is a button on the right side RESET OFF FILES.

YEEEEEEEEES !!!!!! , i just reset OFF files in workshop as you said

thanks uncleal

Tofke

Tofke,

UncleAl is worth his weight in gold when it comes to some of the lesser known aspects of the the OFF interface, and although he and I can seem like mortal enemies at times, I have the utmost respect for his talents in this regard.

Well done, Al. I think it's only right that Pol should offer to lend you his new car for the duration of the summer...

:good:

Cheers,

Parky

Unfortunately the big bucks where splashed out on a new mouse for Winder, so no car :this::/

Must be one HELL of a mouse.....

Oh, come on! Someone with some Photoshop skills has to rest a giant hand on top of and run a huge wire out behind that car to make it look like a mouse.

Looks much like a wireless mouse already IMHO.

That giant hand need chewed fingernails,grin.gif

Beard

Edited by Burning Beard