Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

JK Rowling unveils Pottermore website

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8593930/JK-Rowling-unveils-Pottermore-website.html

I'm not a Harry Potter fan personally...But I am a JK Rowling fan....single mother bringing up kids on a Housing Estate..writing in what little spare time she had...to multi-millionairess

World renowned Author!

Fantastic!

she does epitomize the arguement for "why can't you?" my wife and and oldest are excited tho in a house of 5, im the only one not too interested in Harry and Co. i watch the movies occasionally, they debate bits from the books!

Hope to see her in our favourite hang out place in Killin/Scotland in about two weeks.....:drinks:

Houdoe,

Derk

Tried the books and just couldn't get into them... Give me Lord of the Rings anyday... :drinks:

more of a Bourne trilogy guy myself, the books not the movies!

Her books are books for children, but not only for children. Personally i like them. Of course there are better books then the Harry Potter stories. But with her Potter books J.K.Rowling opened the door to the "world of reading" for millions of children all around the world, which had never read a book before. And for this door opening i believe she should get the Nobel price of literature.

The thing to remember is her series isn't a fixed "for this age". Instead, the series was uniquely set up so that each book was geared towards the year the children are in school. So book 1 is geared for the 9-11 year old set, but by book 7 they're 16-18 so it's more adult.

The films are the same way, with all traces of innocence gone by film 4.