Sign in to follow this  
JimBeamer5

Boeing MH-47G SOA Chinook

Boeing MH-47G SOA Chinook

View File

Notes:

This is not actually a MH-47G SOA Chinook, but a standard base model Chinook. It's the only one we have in SF2 so it will have to do.

The MH-47G Special Operations Aviation (SOA) version is currently being delivered to the US Army. It is similar to the MH-47E, but features a more sophisticated avionics including a digital Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS). The CAAS is common glass cockpit used by different helicopters such as MH-60K/Ls, CH-53E/Ks, and ARH-70As.

Like the Hawks, she is relatively easy to fly on "normal" mode, which SF helicopters are tuned for. You can hover, fly backwards and sideways, ascend verticaly etc. It takes some practice and skill but is definately doable. Pinnacle landings are hard but can be done. You get what you put in, so if you practice you will be rewarded.

She is armed with a pair of player operated 7.62mm miniguns.

US Army Rangers can be deployed from the rear of the bird. A nice feature is that they will "run" down the ramp and deploy onto the ground (using a "crater" effect). Be careful when selecting the Rangers to deploy as many of the MH-47's parts are "fake" weapons and therefore can be "fired".

The bird has a full set of lights, including landing lights and a searchlight which are activated/deactivated by the "L" landing key.

Included are two real Chinook wav files, you can pick which one you like. Listen to them IN GAME, as the game plays them correctly whereas the likes of Windows Media Player does not.

Another nice effect is that if your bird is destroyed a nice Chinook wreck will be your funeral pyre!

INSTALLATION:

Place the MH-47G folder into your Aircraft folder.

Place the CH-47EA-Dam.bmp and MH-47G-Destroyed.LOD into your Aircraft folder.

Place the 160MiniGun, 47R, 47Tank2, 47Winch, 160HeloGunnerR and US Ranger folders into your Weapons folder.

Place the 160HeloPilot1 & 2, 47A, 47Boom, 47Cargo, 47CM, 47FLIR, 47J, 47M, 47M2, 47RN, 47S, and 47W2 folders into your Pilots folder.

Place the Chinook and Chinook4 wav files into your Sounds folder.

Place the two TADS files and the Loading wav file in your Flight folder.

And finally, place the contents of the Object folder (RangerCrater001, USForces and Wreckobject.ini) into your main Objects folder. These are the "craters" that will show the Rangers on the ground once deployed. NOTE: The new "crater" is WreckType008, if you already have a WreckType with this number, just paste mine in and rename them as required.

You will need to copy over the CH-147-R0g.LOD from the A-Team Chinook mod. If you do not already have it, get it from the A-Team Skunkworks site.

CREDITS (a LONG list of contributors):

A-Team for Chinook Mod. Note my skin is best possible with current model limitations. It is a generic SOA Chinook from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.

Dave "Zur" Zurawski for the glass CAAS cockpit. Thanks Dave for the permission.

My good friend Florian "AmokFloo" Schneider for the new US Army Ranger model and freight palette. Thanks buddy!

Thanks also to the following:

The BANIDOS TEAM for the most excellent damaged Chinook.

Kevin "Wrench" Stein for Hangar/Loading Screens I used as a base.

Daniel "Kesselbrut" Himmel for Helo Pilots and Helo Gunner on which I based the 160 pilots and gunner.

Dels for the C-130J tanks.

FastCargo for the Paveknife pod and TSS FLIR pod.

Wingwiner for the THC Cluster Rocket.

Ravenclaw_007 for the flare/chaff launchers.

Dmtdragon for the flare/chaff positions etc.

Tracker for the GRUA_Alouette.

331KillerBee for the M134 Minigun, Ac-123K CBU, A4Q antenna, Flashbox, Mk7 Depth charge, LAU-32, and XM-8.

Anyone else I have missed, apologies.

Thanks to all.

My IFR is not complete. In loadout ini it calls for "47IFR", but no weapon by that name was provided. That might be the issue other than that good work man! See SF2 screenshot thread for pic.

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

You could, the 3D model is better, but...... that's about it. For instance you can't remove the doors (they are not separate meshes) so the miniguns look silly. The killer for me was the view from the cockpit. There's no Nose mesh in the YAP model, so you can't get the rotor disc to show. For me, a total immersion killer. I'm flying a helicopter, I want to see the rotors whirring above me. And my FM is better in my opnion - there's no way you could do a pinnacle landing in the YAP Chinook (well maybe you could with practice, but with no rotor disc I'm not going to be flying it, so...).

JB5

Hey guys,

seems I am too stupid at all, how do I get the guns to work and the soldiers walking through the ramp? I think everything is at the right place, I can select the "weapons" but then nothing happens upon pressing the firing button ...