Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Are two separate keyboards possible?

Hi,

lame question

I recently "modded" my spare keyboard with "Roger Dodger Aviation" "Jet Fighter keyboard modification, works nice in Strike Fighters 2, BUT -is it possible for system (7, 32bit) to recognize it as a second keyboard and to bind the keys from it independently from main keyboard I write this on? Like, errr, extended alphabet that I yet have to invent or something..?

To be honest I don't see an issue with it USB wise what will happen is one will work and the other won't if the computer is not happy... be interesting to know the results...

i`m 99%v sure it will work, but haven`t tested tho, it`s in my plans list....

I have them working, one via usb the other via ps2 port, I perhaps wasn't too clear in the OP, I'd like for example have tabulator key "TAB" working as two independent input keys from both keyboards, for exaple as Radio Menu on one, but as Open Bomb bay doors on the other. I think that's not possible..?

i have had an alike idea, but just by adding a numeric keyboard, but i see your point, i incline to tell you yes.

hmm... I was thinking about one of those small numpads too, but decided to use old beer spilled 101 keyboard instead, adding yet another numpad would be cool I must admit that. IF only it was possible to do the binding as I would

Windows would have to be setup to see keyboards as separate controllers the way it does joysticks. By default, it unifies all keyboards. Not sure if it has any kind of option to see it any other way. If there is some way to choose the keyboard as a DirectX controller and all of the keys mapped as DirectX buttons... that would be the path Windows might be able to handle. What is the limit to the number of DirectX buttons per controlller?

don't know, but many I guess... 128 would be ideal limit