Sign in to follow this  
TSgtT

Wings Over Africa Question

Hi,

I installed Wings over Africa per the instructions and ran into a problem that I need help with. It seems everything works fine except for some reason my keys are not recongized by the program. The F keys work just fine but my other keys are not recognized. For example I am unable to release the brake even though I have the B key selected for the brakes.

The keyboard works fine when I start WOE and other sims, but not in WOA.

Any help would be appreciated, and also thank you in advance for such a wonderful mod.

T.

Try this, make a backup copy of your key commands, you will find it in this location by default....

C:Program FilesWings Over *Controls

Now down load this file which will reset everything to default....

http://combatace.com/files/file/7317-sfp1wovwoewoi-default-keys/

Read the instructions on the install and re-assign your commands. I had a similar problem a while ago and this is how I solved it.

The file will work for Strike Fighters also.

Hi,

I installed Wings over Africa per the instructions and ran into a problem that I need help with. It seems everything works fine except for some reason my keys are not recongized by the program. The F keys work just fine but my other keys are not recognized. For example I am unable to release the brake even though I have the B key selected for the brakes.

The keyboard works fine when I start WOE and other sims, but not in WOA.

Any help would be appreciated, and also thank you in advance for such a wonderful mod.

T.

I have just the same problem, what's especially frustrating is that I can't drop any bombs. I've tried the fix of swapping-in a valid controls\default.ini file, but that doesn't work. This is a shame because WOA is a really great and very atmospheric conversion of SFP.

Any other ideas anyone please?

Mike

The only suggestion is that you try the support forum where this mod is located. I have found them very helpful to the end user, just make sure you detail everything you can about your problem. You can find the forum in this topic....

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB3w/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8362

Having just checked the Tech Support board I did find a thread concerning WOA issues. You should find your solution there.

FYI, you will need to register on the forum to access the boards.

I hope this helps both of you out.

did it come with an 'AircraftObject.ini"???? If so, rename it. I'll bet the control/keystroke assignements come back (it's an old fix from when the 08 patch first came out)

Edited by Wrench

did it come with an 'AircraftObject.ini"???? If so, rename it. I'll bet the control/keystroke assignements come back (it's an old fix from when the 08 patch first came out)

Thanks Wrench, a simple solution but it worked first time. Is there anything one should rename this file to, or is it redundant?

Mike

when the problem first started after the 08 patch, I just renamed my to xAircraftObject.ini. Im lazy!

Thanks for all of the replies. I ended up reinstalling then applying the 08 patch and then WOA. Everything works fine now. I didn't think I had to add the patch the first time since I purchased the download version of the game from Third Wire. Oh well everything works now.

Looking forward to some other WWII installs.

Thanks,

T.