Sign in to follow this  
Jug

Vietnam Planning Maps

Somehow, in the midst of adding on stuff, I have managed to blow away my planning maps for SF2 Vietnam. Can I just replace those planning maps with some of those available here as add-ons? Anybody got some good links for the lazy Jug.

For that matter, can I add SF1 terrains, maps, or airfields to the SF2 series??

are/were the planning maps different from the stock ones?? The stock planning maps are stored in the terrain cats, and easily extracted (and fiddled with, too!)

and yes, all the stock terrain maps are the same across both series

wrench

kevin stein

lazy Jug
:yikes:

Hey Jug, when you get your install back up right, make a copy of it somewhere else where you will never touch it unless...you need to restore something that you lost in your play folder, like planning maps for an example taken out of thin 70kft air. In other words...

BACK UP !

There are several levels of backing up. First is common backup of your play game, keeping the backup (or backups) current with your play game folder and mods.

Next level of backup is for longer term, keeping things safe in case you have an error or disaster that you backup up to your first level backups, meaning your backups won't help here.

Last level perhaps is keeping the original game, installed, in a backup folder you NEVER touch again unless you want to start over, and you don't have to re~install from CD/DVD. Granted, now with the game downloaded, you don't need CD anyways. I have SF 1.0 installed and totally un~modded as a last level backup, although I stick Patches and stuff like KMD or Extractor in there as well. I've used it a few times.

Bleh!Backing up is for sissies!:grin: