Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

Customize Your Pilot Page

Greetings All,

While flying another couple of missions this AM with 54 RFC and recalling Widowmaker's recent topic about giving your flight mates names that mean something to you personally, I realized that its been a while since anyone has mentioned another tweak you can make, so I thought I would share it again for those newcomers with us. To furthur increase your attachment to your virtual selves in the OFF skies it is a fairly simply matter to not only create a custom pilot's photo in your Pilot Log but also a custom squadron emblem. If you pop into your 'PilotPhotos' folder, (the path to which looking something like this: C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\PilotPhotos), you can get into the different nation folders and find all the various stock photos of the pilots. Any of these can be swapped around by simply changing the number of the photo, keeping in mind that the sim assigns the photos to your pilots in numerical order and not necessarily using say 'Pilot4' for your actual fourth pilot. The simplest way to find which photo the sim has assigned is to open up the nation folder you are flying for and locate the photo you see in your current Pilot Log. You can then look through the other photos in the folder and locate one you might prefer. Once you have, rename your current pilot photo to something like 'Pilot4.orig' ,(using the previous example), then copy and paste the pilot photo you wish to use instead and rename it 'Pilot4' and that photo will now appear in your Pilot Log. You can also find pilot photos on the web and use those as well, which is what I have done more often than not. I recommend doubling the dimensions of the stock OFF pilot photo when working with custom pilot photos as it allows you more detail and a crisper look, and the sim will simply reduce it to the space on your Pilot Log anyway. You can do the same thing with your squadron ID swatch by going into the 'Scratchpad' folder, (the path to which looking something like this: C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\Scratchpad), and grabbing the appropriate image to customize. Again, doubling the dimensions of the image allows you more room to work. To illustrate the end results, here is my current Pilot Log for Jeffrey Alberts:

OFF_Jeffrey_Alberts_Log_RFC54_01.jpg

You will notice that I also went into my 'PilotXDossier' file, (with X representing the pilot number), and refined the biography to more accurately reflect the Major's RFC assignments. You will also notice the new OFF medal images which are available in the downloads section via this link: All New Medals For OFF .

It's all about the insanity...errr umm...I mean immersion. :pilotfly:

Cheers!

Lou

One of the finest examples for one of the nicest insanities, Lou!

I think I will make me a scratchpad with my personal emblem too, if I should receive the "Blue Max".

Had forgotten where to look - thank you for the reminder!

That cat, by the way, is a fine emblem - she looks quite "battle-weary", but still proud and determined.

UncleAl, the pilots didn't know their hit percentage, did they?

They knew - perhaps - if they had brought their opponent down; not more.

And as long as I sometimes shoot down more than one aircraft per mission,

my hit percentage must still rather be too good?

How do I customize mine to get 74 missions, 128 hours and 17 kills? :dntknw:

I followed it for some time, when I had "Player Stats" active.

The percentage varied from 17 - 22 %. The closer you get, the more hits.

But I use long range shots at EA I can't get at, cause they are faster or climb better.

That spoils the percentage.

Excellent Lou (I'm going to print this out) :drinks:

Thank you again for the reminder, Lou!

Here's the changed Log of my "most serious" Campaign pilot with Jasta 2:

Edited by Olham

Oh that is very nice Olham, although you should switch your first award to the EK 2c since you have that available to you in the new medals. Now then, don't forget your Pilot Certificate:

Royal_Aero_Club_Certificate_Jeffrey_Alberts.jpg

:grin:

Cheers!

Lou

But I thought these were the new medals???? Or do you mean, I must switch it over by hand still?

Oh, and you asked for my pilot license: here it is, Sir! (Well, actually it's that of his brother Jürgen.)

Edited by Olham

I just KNEW you'd have one filled out and ready to go Olham. I'm afraid we may be hopeless at this point. :biggrin:

Now to that medal: Yes, you will need to go into your dossier and change the first award line to read 'Iron Cross 2nd Class' and the second one to read 'Iron Cross 1st Class'. Do that Sir and you will see the proper images for your first two awards.

I just KNEW you'd have one filled out and ready to go Olham. I'm afraid we may be hopeless at this point. :biggrin:

:rofl:

Thank you for helping - now I got it right and shining! I changed it above!

Thank you for working out all the medals the fine way you did, Lou.

Keeps the waiting for P4 bearable!

There you go Olham, and you are more than welcome Sir. Also, even though I am greatly looking forward to P4, there is still so much to P3 I've yet to discover that the wait really isn't terribly tedious.

My God!...you guys need help! :lol:

... even though I am greatly looking forward to P4, there is still so much to P3 I've yet to discover that the wait really isn't terribly tedious.

Perfectly right again there, Lou. If the devs would ask me, if I'd rather wait another 15 months

to give them time to make it as great a change as BHaH+HitR were to P2, then I'd vote: "Yes!"

All the French and British carreers there are still to be flown...

Nope, sorry Sir, but I must object - what we need is more flying time!

Edited by Olham

It's not our fault WM, blame our parents and those damnable Christmas gifts they gave us when we were too young to know any better:

when_we_were_young.jpg

:grin:

Really? I thought we all had one of those...

Rhys RAeC Certificate.jpg

That's a beauty Dej, and you're clearly a member in good standing of the Barmy OFFers Club. (Dej and Lou quickly trade secret handshakes and high signs before toddling over to the pub for a round of drinks and war stories with BOC cohort Olham.)

Damn, yeah, let's get some good English brews down our throats - maybe that will wash

Llwewellyn Dej Gruffyd Rhys' determined gunsight look away for one night?

A BOC cohort is hopefully not a British short for "Boche" I hope?

Ah, and if so - nevermind - I'll have a pint of "Drayman's Delight", please!

You have something there Lou. BOC really should be an institution (God knows we need one :grin:) dedicated to WW1 roleplay insofar as OFF allows. Criteria for joining being varied, relaxed and normally involving making a WW1-obsessed fool of oneself in front of spouses, children, family or friends...

Such as absent-mindedly observing to one's spouse as one passes the intended motorway junction that one is approaching the blimp over Halfords from the East to avoid the archie.

Gawd! It's good to know I'm not the only one who does those sorts of things Dej. The other afternoon I made note of the fact that the clouds rolling in from the northwest would provide perfect cover for a dusk raid on the railyards at Roubaix and that I should ring up the field and have them ready the buses. My wife looked at me as if I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.

And Olham old man, BOC stands for Barmy OFFers Club, of which you are a founding member. Now then, about those drinks...

:drinks:

How might I go about making one of those nifty IDs for my own RFC pilot? He's lived long enough to earn the honour surely :cool:

The other afternoon I made note of the fact that the clouds rolling in from the northwest would provide perfect cover for a dusk raid on the railyards

at Roubaix and that I should ring up the field and have them ready the buses. My wife looked at me as if I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.

:rofl:

And Olham old man, BOC stands for Barmy OFFers Club, of which you are a founding member.

Now then, about those drinks...

Ah... oh... well-llll - I must have been feasting the founding celebration too much; I didn't remember how we had called it. :grin:

Javito, I have a template I can send you for the pilot certificate if you like. Or if you rather you can send me the photo you would like to use, along with your pilot's particulars, and I can plug them in and send you the finished item.

Olham, it doesn't surprise me that you can't recollect all the particulars of the first meeting of the BOC, and calling it a celebration is putting it lightly. I was a bit fuzzy on everything that transpired that evening myself, and as we didn't hear from Dej for two days afterwards I gather he was having some memory issues concerning the proceedings as well. However, certain events of that night became much clearer when a case of stationary arrived at my door, (COD I might add), bearing what is, apparently, our agreed upon letterhead:

BOC_letterhead_01.jpg

According to my bank charges, the club plaque should be arriving any day now from the brass foundry.

Memory problems aside... we must have been trashed to agree on a FLIGHTLESS bird! I still think 'Per Dementia Ad Astra' has a better ring to it, but I'm happy to be overruled.