has anyone really played around with this before? would be good esp for SF2V as the Phantom could be found carrying some really off the wall loads. did a bit of playin here main problem is that the AAMs wont show in loadout screen when its all broken up. they are there cause the loadout ini but no option to add remove or change. i am personally a fan of the easy way of learning tho not above much trail and error to figure stuff out. tia

sample of what im talkin about

Must admit I have played around but not with the F-4 mine was primarily the F-16 not so many rails... It's great fun if you can loadup with a whole mess of weapons... instead of just routine. I generally leave the winder rails alone though as its pointless to load anything but Sidewinders or Amraam depending on the jet on them... Looking at messing around with the Hornet next as I have seen some strange loadouts for them lately...

well i tried changing the grouping for the AAMs but keeping them together and lost the ability to control them in the load out screen. then tried leaving the AAM groupings the same as stock but making inner and outer left wing staions later groupings. lost control on them (tho would have been interesting to see just one wink tank loaded w/o anything on the other side)

That was one of my first questions for this forum, since in Vietman, manny of those assymetrical loads were common, and i`ve modified my F-4D and D LORAN to act like that, too bad we are limited on stations.

The issue from my experience of learning about it while doing the Super Hornet project. Since nowadays there was (and somewhat now) assymetric loads commonly used I wanted that ability to select on various pylons without resorting to the loadout.ini. Unfortunately there's like 32 slots or so and it gets eaten up by animations, and stuff like that. So until for some magical reason we can select per pylon we're limited to the loadout.ini

Yeah, been doing this for a long time now, the 6 station group limit are a real pain.

Only other way is multiple custom loadout types in the loadout ini then with the new mission editor you can at least select the one that suits your mission best, ie; CAS_CBU, CAS_Rockets etc etc.

oh well. this would've been more for vietnam era flying anyhow well i tend to fly F-4s in the 70's and 80's. they tended towards more symetrical loads then as it also put less drag and strain on the old girl. but would've been nice....

TK should redesign the loadout section of the game. Instead of picking weapons from a pull down menu it should be that you see all the pylons and can add weapons individually on every rail. Kinda like lock on does it.

to gain something, you have to lose something ... usualy the winder stations on the Rhinos. Had asymentrical loads on the 1stGen F-4Gs ... You renumber ALL the stations to fit (don't even know if I still have the mod around ... but I'll look)

there simply aren't enough group slots for it.

There was a trick, iirc, for adding stations that don't appear in the loadout screen (Group=7 and above) If I remember right, you just add the new group IDs, list them in the loadout ini, and hope for the best. They will NOT be changable in the Loadout screen, as they're 'invisible'