Sign in to follow this  
GodsLt

F-4E Kurnass 2000 Ammunition Load

So, after toying around for a while, and reading Wikipedia a LOT, I know the F-4E holds 640 rounds of 20mm Vulcan ammunition right? My question is...why does the load out screen only show 370 rounds? That's almost half. I took a look at the .INI file, but the amount of rounds there is 639 rounds...so I'm not sure if this is a glitch or something else.

Thanks in advance!

Maybe thats the weight, and not the number of rounds

Maybe. I would believe 2lbs a round, they're 20mm. Is there a scale somewhere that someone can reference with the weight and see how it stacks up for the F-100? It had 20mm cannons, so did the F-8, so if we knew how many rounds each carried then we would know if it's a glitch or if it's weight.

~Rob

weight in kg

Wasn't some Kurnass variant re-equipped with the 30mm Defa cannon? That might account for the reduction in rounds

It's ammo count, not weight. And every source I've checked shows both the Kurnass and Kurnass 2000 as being equipped with a 20mm Vulcan, carrying 640 rounds. I'd contact the publisher (Thirdwire) on their site, and make them aware of it.

And every source I've checked shows both the Kurnass and Kurnass 2000 as being equipped with a 20mm Vulcan, carrying 640 rounds.

Oh?! Dunno where I heard that. Maybe it was in some 'what if' forum :dntknw:

Oh?! Dunno where I heard that. Maybe it was in some 'what if' forum :dntknw:

They tested it back in the 70's to see if it was a feasible idea as the Israel Air Force had more faith in the 30mm Defa I think it was test flown and worked well but they stuck to the M61A1 that the jets came with and as they bought more US equipment it made more sense...

Nevermind, I think we all overthought it. Wrench is right. It is the weight of 640 rounds of 20mm amunition. If you take a look at the .INI file, you'll find that the ammo weight is 169.2...which is in kilo's. Times that by 2.2 and voila! you get 370 (approx) You can devide 370 by 640 to get the mass of 1 20mm round, not the weight! Weight is different :P

P.S: Remember weight is measured in Newtons! :D

LOL sorry, just out of my IGCSE's examinations lol

Edited by GodsLt

Ammo is measured in round count in the data.ini, not weight.

Ammo is measured in round count in the data.ini, not weight.

While it is definitely ammo count in the _DATA.ini as you've mentioned Fubar, I think that what GodsLt was refering to was the number displayed on the loadout screen which is weight.

I think it's displayed like that so that all the numbers along the right hand side add up to the AUW displayed at the bottom.

Dels

Yes, indeed it does. Change the amount of fuel, and watch the AUW change