Sign in to follow this  
xclusiv8

Lost the will to fly/play

Lately i really haven't had any will to play any of my games. Its been going on for 2-3 months now. I just cant get myself to do it. Its like I've lost the interest. All i do is surf around the web, read stuff about random things. Mostly technology and aviation. At the same time i feel bored and don't know what to do.

Have any of you experienced something similar? What did you do to get back into gaming.

honestly like the man said. i decided to finish my Phantom mod which of course you have to load to see if things are right. once i started doing that i would tak some checks and decide to fly the mission. more underlying than the will to fly in game is everything else in RL going ok?

For me sometimes it takes watching an aviation movie or reading a book or catching a documentary on TV and that will put me in the mood to play again. Either that or build a model. Other times, I make myself play to pass the time and get drawn in. But I've not lost the interest for usually more than a month or so.

I just went through that. Just didnt want to fly anything. I am and was playing a ton of FPS. Now I'm flying again, just havent got motivated to do any projects.

Ha, ha, your wife must be very happy....... :grin:

Houdoe,

Derk

Must admit at present besides testing for SF2 I haven't really got back into the swing... not even the FPS I love like the STALKER games with mods of course... sometimes you just need a break so just relax and it will all come back to you... most likely before you go on holiday...

Real life is okay. A little bumpy with the GF but that is to expected sometimes :cool: Other than that its cool.

Swordsman: Any tips on a good aviation movie or book?

It seems though it happens to all of us. I guess you guys are right. It will come back to me.

I think i need to get out more. Socialize a little. Probably been sitting around home to much lately and it all got boring.

Lately i really haven't had any will to play any of my games. Its been going on for 2-3 months now. I just cant get myself to do it. Its like I've lost the interest. All i do is surf around the web, read stuff about random things. Mostly technology and aviation. At the same time i feel bored and don't know what to do.

Have any of you experienced something similar? What did you do to get back into gaming.

It happens to everybody man, no need to feel guilty. Sometimes you need to do something else to change the routine... :good:

I'm having thesame going on with me now.

Don't feel like flying or whatever playing on PC.

Just surfing the web, reading forums and downloading the newest things without installing them :(

Could use a good tip also to get me back into the cockpit of my virtual planes!

Best regards, Kodiak.

I know exactly what you mean!...sometimes it's due to a glut of playing...sometimes it's just uninspiring...don't worry though, something will trigger it again :drinks:

I have to say, the times when I get the most flying done are when CA is down for maintenance! Otherwise i'm just surfing the boards and before you know it it's bedtime. :blink:

Edited by allenjb42

In SF there are many jets, so eventually you get interested in it again for whatever reason, maybe its reading about it, or from web documentaries.

Even adding the F-100A/C was enough to get me interested in the 1956 campaign amd start getting information on them - its also very challenging - especially after a break because it doesnt take log to get out of practise.

well, i'm on that mood too, however, i've been there before... the current one is longer than the last time, to feel stimulated i put on te missions and start to fly randomly.

IIRC last time i was in such mood i've just waited.

It's happened to be plenty of times since I've started. Can't tell you how many times I've ended up uninstalling because of it too. I have been in that mode for almost a year now. But soon...

(aka when I buy the SF2 series and ask two million questions about what I'm missing)

But like MiGBuster said, there are so many jets. One is bound to respike your interest.

Have a new look on The History Channel's Dogfights, random period. I usually watch a couple of relevant episodes before starting or in the course of a campaign. May these heroic examples inspire you to take off in the search of Glory, and to take it down from the clouds!

Maybe its a summer thing. Nice weather and lightly clothed girls. We should be out enjoying the views :grin:

It happens to me every year m8, summer months are for enjoying life, dark winter nights are for simming.

I'd suggest it's probably seasonal, with a touch of ennui. we all get it, sometimes worse than other times.

Just don't think about it, and go off and do the things that appeal to you now. The appeal of flying will probably return, and if it doesn't, then surely it means that you've outgrown it.

Real life is okay. A little bumpy with the GF but that is to expected sometimes :cool: Other than that its cool.

Swordsman: Any tips on a good aviation movie or book?

It seems though it happens to all of us. I guess you guys are right. It will come back to me.

I think i need to get out more. Socialize a little. Probably been sitting around home to much lately and it all got boring.

Don't watch Flight Of The Intruder...It'll make you want that DIANE that we don't have in SF2! :rofl:

I've been suffering from a severe case of flight sim apathy as well. When my last semester started, I had to stop playing because of the workload. I just finished exams now, and I went to play some SF2, only to find that my joystick has died.

So I've been playing GT4 instead...

It happens to me every year m8, summer months are for enjoying life, dark winter nights are for simming.

:good:

Most of my scarce play time get's spent on basketball

Don't watch Flight Of The Intruder...It'll make you want that DIANE that we don't have in SF2! :rofl:

to late :this:

Although I love Flightsims...they can get a bit 'samey'