Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

Belly Up

I'm pretty p**sed off right now. This is the kind of thing you always seem to hear happening to other members; yet you never expect it to happen to you.

I turned on my desktop this evening only to be greeted by a blue screen. Within seconds the drive unit started sounding as if it had a case of major indigestion. I then called my brother who teaches courses in computer repairs, and he then broke it to me that my hard drive's probably died.

As if this news wasn't bad enough, I end up getting three more blows to my PC misfortunes:

Number one; my missus sheepishly admitted to me in the last hour that she dropped the 'box thing' while she was dusting under it earlier.

Number two; I found out a while ago that my 12 month warranty is three three months out of date.

Number three; I somehow forgot to do my 'weekly' backup last week.

To top it off then, I was actually working on something which I don't even know right now if it can be recovered.

Anybody got a six pack of beer handy?

:suicide2:

:drinks: do you want a whiskey chaser with that mate...

As to the issue might be a good time to see about buying a solid state drive bit more expensive than a standard but dropping them isn't as much of an issue...

one thing i like about being on a laptop. it goes with me EVERYWHERE and i watch it like a hawk! cussed my daughter (yes i did) just for swiping a finger over the mouse and bringing it out of sleep while i was gettin lunch ready even. still sorry to hear bout your troubles.

My brother called today to take it away for a proper look at his place. Whether he'll end up performing a PC post-mortem is anyone's guess at this stage.

I'll tell you one thing for nothing; this episode has brought a real bitter sweet taste to my upcoming holiday break next Sunday.....