Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Adding Migs cockpits easily?

Any way I can add cockpits to all Migs in vanilla game easily? Just reinstalled the game, and miss all those littles Migs

Yes, open up the options.ini file in your SavedGames/Thirdwire/StrikiFighters2 folder, scroll down to [singleMission] section and set FlyAll=TRUE.

Then, all AI planes (MiGs etc) are flyable, although using stock pits.

Same routine for each game folder e.g. "StrikeFighters2 Europe" etc.

• Like 1

the 'fly all' defaults to the A-4B pit.

Otherwise, you'll have to go through the standard procedure for getting the Migs flyable. Again.

however, the cheat, is to have a backup copy of the main ini, with the the additional lines for the avionics, cockpit, the cockipit folder(s) etc, already set up and renamed to "xNameofAircraft.ini", and then just rename it.

however, the cheat, is to have a backup copy of the main ini, with the the additional lines for the avionics, cockpit, the cockipit folder(s) etc, already set up and renamed to "xNameofAircraft.ini", and then just rename it.

Unfortunately don't have such backup, will keep in mine the next time I need to reinstall everything. Also, IIRC there are Mig cockpit packs, but can't found them on SF2 series. Wondering If the Sf1 will work on Sf2.

Edited by Stratos

Wondering If the Sf1 will work on Sf2.

Should do I have a few MiG pits - you can probably put them in without changing much at all,

Yes, open up the options.ini file in your SavedGames/Thirdwire/StrikiFighters2 folder, scroll down to [singleMission] section and set FlyAll=TRUE.

Then, all AI planes (MiGs etc) are flyable, although using stock pits.

Top tip!