Sign in to follow this  
NeverEnough

New SF2 Cat Extractor Available Now

The new SF2 Extractor is available now at the Thirdwire website in the Utilities section of the Downloads.

How is this one different for the one TK posted there several weeks ago ???

The last one he posted did not allow you to open the lod's cat file.

TK put up a twit (tweet?) about fixes. Minor update.

it by default reads .DLC files -which in fact are CAT files with renamed extension only; older extractor opens them too if you select all files type from menu

however ObjectCat2 and lods will remain unreadable. thats a preventing sticky fingers issue, not an extractor issue.

I bet a day w/ a hex editor and Visual Basic and I can get around the locked CATs :-) But I choose not to.

not to mention if i needed any LODs from the cats, I still have all the pre-June cats Extracted to a Random Folder on my Desktop.

Edited by SkateZilla

all we could possibly need would be .OUT files TK never ever included in any version/title IIRC

I bet a day w/ a hex editor and Visual Basic and I can get around the locked CATs :-) But I choose not to.

Really ? I'd like to see that . Cause actually it's not "locked" but "encrypted" so good luck :grin:

I hacked my install to use global terrain from FSX with unparalled Crysis-level detail too :smile: right now it CTDs but it sure works :rofl:

j/k

(no SZ, not makin fun of your claim)

I hacked my install to use global terrain from FSX with unparalled Crysis-level detail too :smile: right now it CTDs but it sure works :rofl:

That would be cool actually

Really ? I'd like to see that . Cause actually it's not "locked" but "encrypted" so good luck :grin:

locked/encrypted to a normal person mean the same thing, to a dr.pepper technology junkie like me it means "i challenge you"......

to paraphrase Furry Ambler, lordy oh dear he's got his fangs out.....

That would be cool actually

locked/encrypted to a normal person mean the same thing, to a dr.pepper technology junkie like me it means "i challenge you"......

yes it would be :smile:

SZ, maybe cracking TOD objects fromat would be challenge for you? You know so we could use custom Max meshes instead..? :smile: that would be cool too