Sign in to follow this  
shredward

War Horse

That could either be really good or really cheesy - I'm not sure which. :dntknw: I'd like to see it for the war scenes in either case.

Edited by Shiloh

Wow Shredward...thanks so much for posting this!...My son has his own Horse, and has read the book about 100 times!...he is going to be thrilled to know there's a movie coming!...and Speilberg too!....he's gonna flip when he sees this! :drinks:

• Like 1

Surprised at the number of haters on YouTube over a movie trailer that, when seen, can hardly seem to generates much controversy. Not my kind of movie but still...

Ahh...the internet! Allowing oddballs and sociopaths to be heard worldwide and at the speed of light.

Edited by DukeIronHand
  • Like 1

Surprised at the number of haters on YouTube over a movie trailer that, when seen, can hardly seem to generates much controversy. Not my kind of movie but still...

Ahh...the internet! Allowing oddballs and sociopaths to be heard worldwide and at the speed of light.

And isn't that the truth Duke. Also, I agree with Shiloh, this one could go either way. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a cheese ball movie.

Having had horses all of my life and preferring their company to most humans that I know, I really hope it is well made and without the cheese.

There is a quote from an old MASH episode that is so true for me " There are 3 things that make a movie great, horses, cowboys, and horses. "

I read the title and thought it was these incredible puppets.

Beat me to post it Tranquillo. These puppets are incredible. You don't see a puppet that looks like a horse, you genuinely see horses. Very, very clever.

Did a quick check how many horses were killed in WW1. So many conflicting numbers it's impossible to know who is correct, but the numbers start in the hundreds of thousands and go up to 9 million. Wiki says the British lost 1 horse for every 2 men :yikes: .

It also says that of the horses killed, only 1 in 4 died in actual combat so to speak. That's a lot of dead horses. Not sure if those figures include mules either, but I suspect they do..

Edited by Flyby PC

OMG, those puppets are the best thing I have seen lately! :yikes:

Incredible craftmanship and engineering..They look alive! :ok:

Thanks for posting guys! :good:

Ah, I wondered when a trailer would be released. I live very close to where they filmed the scenes in the countryside. A friend of mine went up there when they were filming and have took some photographs of the set, which I can see if I can find, if anyone's interested?