I'm looking, looking, and I can not find the skin of modern MiG-29 Polish Air Force, if someone wants to do this I would be grateful. What to serve your painting schemes help in choosing the appropriate set of projections from the

http://www.mars.slupsk.pl/fort/mig/default.htm

• Dislike 2

Decals, maybe???? Unless the Red Stars ™ are painted on the skin....then, reskinning is in order.

Also, it'd be a good idea to generate a UserList.ini for the Fulcrumbs, then you can select the nation from the Loadout screens dropdown menu, and it'll add the proper markings automatically

I think it can be something like this

mig-29-poland-[77]-c.jpg

I think this skin is not yet existing. Nobody has done it before. So the old rule comes again: If you want that it is done, so do it yourself.

Yup, time to start learning those skinning skills. If you don't have/can't get Photoshop, get Gimp. It's free, and does pretty much everything that PS does.

what you'll need to do, is

create a couple of new layers on whichever skin bmp needs the RedStar ™ painted out

on one layer, you'll redraw the panel lines

on another layer, you'll redraw the rivet lines (if any)

on still another layer, you'll 'color match' the background gray, and paint over the RedStar ™

then, using the opacity slider, drop down the panel and rivet lines opacity to match the look of the existing ones.

flatten layers, and save the skins

(alternatively: one could now add the required insignia TO the skin bmp, and not have to worry about decal placements)

if one dont know how to draw panel and rivet lines, simmerspaintshop.com has EXCELLENT tutorials. Read them, and practice them.

we all started somewhere ... it's your turn now!!! (after all, those of us that've been around for so long will be needing replacements at some point in time ... we aren't going to be doing this forever)

as to decals, they're not too diffucult to figure out placements ... use a 'known location' (example: the lights on the wings, and move inboard). It may take an hour or so, but it quite easy to do, after you've done it once or twice. Also, study any decal inis for the aircraft; someone may have already plotted their positions.

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

I was sure that type is in one of the Mig 29 packs, I know I painted it a good while ago, if not I'll dig it out.

Blank, insginia/marking-less skins would be great!

Blank, insginia/marking-less skins would be great!

Agreed!