Sign in to follow this  
gaw

monstrous thud

you know that whomping thud that sounds every time you hit the check button on the interface screens?? I'd love to dial that down a bit...if I've the sound turned up at all it's enough to make the dogs howl. If one of you'd be kind enough to identify the sound file for me I might be able to edit it down to domestic level with wavepad perhaps. The war department grumbles enough already about the game noise but maybe I can extend the grace period by dulling the interface thud sound.....thanks!!!

I'm not so sure about the thud, the cat MEOW! in the beginning drives our cat nuts. He spends a few minutes checking out my desktop whenever he hears that other cat.

yeah...that too...the dogs jump up and bristle........hope somebody weighs in here with a suggestion other than to leave well enough alone....

That, and the "Contact... Clear!", kills the immersion (just a tad) if I'm playing a non-English pilot. (Yes I'm that much of an immersion Nazi)

All you guys have to do is go to the various sound locations and make changes or replacements.

Renamed the meow.

Replaced the "contact - clear" with another sound file.

Dig around and make OFF your sim.

All you guys have to do is go to the various sound locations and make changes or replacements.

Renamed the meow.

Replaced the "contact - clear" with another sound file.

Dig around and make OFF your sim.

Too lazy haha

duke...that's the question....where's the thud file.....or for that matter the "meow"? I've combed the sounds folder....perhaps not carefully enough. The "Contact....Clear" can be dialled out in the workshop page Phantom....just check "off" for menu music. Now where's that bloody thud sound kept so I can "make OFF my sim"?

duke...that's the question....where's the thud file.....or for that matter the "meow"? I've combed the sounds folder....perhaps not carefully enough. The "Contact....Clear" can be dialled out in the workshop page Phantom....just check "off" for menu music. Now where's that bloody thud sound kept so I can "make OFF my sim"?

In C:\OFF\Games\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\ShellMusic

Try these ....

WM

ShellMusic.rar

winder................THANK YOU!!!!!!

Somehow the title of this thread reminds me of Terry Pratchett. Thanks for the heads up Winder, I think I'm going to make a .wav of our cat's meow to substitute for the original.

now that's fun....this totally solved the issues at hand...thanks again Winder...........