Sign in to follow this  
Stary

file upload failure

I'm trying to upload ~380 MB file that is an update to file uploaded previoulsy -I upload using the same entry in the download database using "upload a newer version" menu.

After uploading some 300 -320 MB my router stops uploading -internet works fine, browsing web pages works etc.

I've tried three times now, on two occasions I had broken connection thanks to my ISP, on two it just stops sending any data from my computer -checked in W7 networking monitor constantly running in the background..?

Any help or direction would be much appreciated. Maybe I should upload the new version as separete entry in the database? SF2 section, terrain mods BTW

edit: some data is being send out as this post is the clear indication of that. But the bytes sent and bytes sent per interval (in network monitor) haven't moved a bit.

Also the file upload progress bar stopped and disappeared (was some 3/4 of it)

Edited by Stary

Stary, upload as a sep file and see what happens.

ok Dave -I see older entry being removed after I reported broken upload

edit: finally uploaded file as separate entry into the database, older broken upload was removed by Staff

Edited by Stary

Uploading and downloading from any site especially large files can be difficult. Can you share a ping session and trace route with me?

Large files require that your connection to the site be consistently stable. Given that most people's connection to the internet depend on so many variables it's hard to say why, but I'm happy to help where I can.

Erik