Sign in to follow this  
Pappy55

Dual monitor issues

Hey all along time no see..

Just re install OFF after a long breal from combat sims and am having a very weird issue with my monitors

The splash screen comes up on the main monitor then the intro plays on the 2nd as well as the main menu but cropped so workshops tab is missing because I have configured for 1080p res for my main screen

then when you fly the gamne plays on the main screen again..

Anyone know why this is happening?

Well I managed to fix this..

Just was just messing about with my display settings.. As my secondary monitor is up and right from my main i used the nvidia positioning tool to set it that way for functionality so i have to move stuff diagionaly to it (so it fely more natural)

Just ran OFF and everything came on the main display...

Which was nice,,,

I have 2 monitors and the main menu can appear on the 2nd monitor but basically OFF will usually work fine. It has not been specifically told to work that way just windows seems to push it there for some reason.

Just Curious . . why run both monitors

OR are they both the same physical size, sharing the picture

I like dual screening for desktop use. I can watch videos and browse at the same time ect..

I still game only on the primary monitor though..

2 Monitors are excellent for working on. One can have say a reference image or data, or web browser open whatever, the other you can be running your main application like Max or Excel or whatever. i.e. great for productivity. If you do a lot of none game stuff it's brilliant (bit like TrackIR or other tracking software is to Flight siming once you have 2 you don't want to go back to 1).

Even gaming you can have say a detailed map open on the 2nd screen whilst you fly or whatever.